Shuttle bus costs Copenhagen and Gothenburg?

lohr500

Hi All,

Fred Olsen 1st time cruiser here, heading off on the 6 night Scandinavian City Break cruise in September.

As far as I can gather from google, the cruise docks for Copenhagen and Gothenburg are some distance from the city centres. I contacted FO customer services yesterday to ask what the fare was for their shuttle busses but they couldn't tell me.

Has anyone been to these destinations with FO and if so can you recall what the shuttle bus costs were? 

Also, if you made your own way from the ship into town, how did you do this? (Bus, taxi, tram, walk?)

I'm planning ahead so we make the most of our time at each destination and avoid spending a fortune in transport!!

Thanks

1 hour ago, lohr500 said:

Hi All,

Fred Olsen 1st time cruiser here, heading off on the 6 night Scandinavian City Break cruise in September.

As far as I can gather from google, the cruise docks for Copenhagen and Gothenburg are some distance from the city centres. I contacted FO customer services yesterday to ask what the fare was for their shuttle busses but they couldn't tell me.

Has anyone been to these destinations with FO and if so can you recall what the shuttle bus costs were? 

Also, if you made your own way from the ship into town, how did you do this? (Bus, taxi, tram, walk?)

I'm planning ahead so we make the most of our time at each destination and avoid spending a fortune in transport!!

Thanks

I see you are a new poster - welcome to these boards.

Never been to Gothenburg, but we were in Copenhagen in June on Balmoral.  Basically depends where you are docked.  We were docked in Langeline, which is not far from the little mermaid, so easy to just have a stroll into that side of the city from there, walking along the waterfront to the Royal Palace and past a fort which is quite interesting.  That is what we did on that occasion.  The big ships from other cruise lines tend to dock further out, but we have also been docked in Langeline on a P&O mid sized ship previously. 

As for shuttle bus costs, you only need to pay if on a saver fare and they have generally been about £5 for the day pre covid, for shorter runs like that, though I do not know what was charged in June.  The shuttles are arranged on the ships, not by head office.  There were also other options like a hoho bus or public transport, so depends what you decide to do that day.  We fond plenty of information online, including the "ports of call" section of theses boards.

Enjoy your cruise,

Barbara

Edited by tring

Thanks for the information Barbara. We are on a saver fare, but if the shuttles do work out at around £5 then that seems good value. If we do dock at Langeline I will take your advice and we will walk along the waterfront.