Carnival Panorama - Family Harbor Lounge Questions

calgaryhhr

Hey folks,

We were just on the Mardi Gras earlier this month and really enjoyed it. We are looking to book a cruise on the Panorama this winter because I prefer the shorter flight to LA versus going all the way to Florida again. 

We sailed in an interior cabin for the first time, two cabins actually - one for the parents and one for the kids. We realized that this is more than acceptable and that we really don't need to spend the extra on getting a balcony or suite. That being said, I'm looking at standard interior vs family harbor interior. One big issue I can see is that I do prefer a higher floor closer to pools and other things vs being in the bowels of the ship.

I noticed on Mardi Gras that the family lounge had video game systems which could be a major benefit if Panorama has the same. Does anyone know what the video game situation is like? What do they have for systems and games and is it always busy? My kid's were really frustrated and annoyed by the lack of access to the game systems in the kid's clubs on Mardi Gras. The clubs were always way too busy. Another big benefit even though it is pretty stupid is the espresso machine in the lounge. I'm assuming that Panorama family lounge still has self serve espresso? Do they stock the lounge with stacks late in the evening like fruit and cookies and cakes? 

Any recent info and reviews on the Panorama family harbor would be helpful in making up my mind on a higher floor interior vs a family harbor interior.

I'm assuming you mean snacks. Idk about how late at night. I was in the room where the kids can hang out and they had a refrigerator with cartons of milk and other stuff I assumed was for kids to drink and yes cookies. 

I got the impression it was more so kids had a hang out space with tv and their friends which had somewhat limited access so every pax couldnt just walk in. I didnt ask about games. Someone else posted kids get in free with adults to pay restaurant but I never saw follow up posts how it worked out.

I think it would matter what age your kids were if they would like this. A place to hang with similar age kids. Older teens to me would be running around the ship. Not drinking milk and cookies. Hopefully some with kids will chime in if their kids liked this area. ..and what age their kids were.

We are a couple of rooms outside the family harbor on deck 4 on the Mardi Gras. Do you need wristbands to get or are they not real strict? Just asking because we have a toddler who may walk by and want to pop there if he sees kids playing. Hes very sociable

18 minutes ago, matymil said:

We are a couple of rooms outside the family harbor on deck 4 on the Mardi Gras. Do you need wristbands to get or are they not real strict? Just asking because we have a toddler who may walk by and want to pop there if he sees kids playing. Hes very sociable

We walked by the lounge on Mardi Gras one time and it looked like the lounge was closed with a glass door and you had to swipe your sail & sign card to get in. 

• Like 1

I was on the Panorama two weeks ago and we had two family lounge insides with our 3 kids in the inside cabin and we liked it.

The family lounge was mostly used by us for the coffee machine which gave an acceptable cappuccino and we had at least two each per day.  The cookies and snacks were also good.  Ice cream almost always available.

The video game systems were two PS4s (i think they were PS4s), and each of them had two controllers.  The system worked fine but the games were extremely limited.  One Lego game and one or two racing games I think that was it.

Room card swipe required for entry.  The room was used sparingly not busy at all most of the time.  

We would book family harbour again for the coffee machine alone.

• Like 1

Circa April, the Family Harbor Lounge began closing at 9PM (previously, it was 24 hours, although in years' past it closed earlier).  Soft serve ice cream, juices, milk, water, coffee and tea are served all day long.  A light continental breakfast is served early, light snacks (chips and finger sandwiches, for example) are served in between lunch and dinner, and a couple variety of cookies are put out in the evening.  They had video game systems, as well as a couple of secluded rooms in which a family could watch TV or hang out together.  Probably very similar to the Mardi Gras, I'd imagine. 

It could get crowded for breakfast, but there was rarely more than 2-3 families in the lounge.  Rarely did anybody use the video game system or hang out in the private rooms. Food goes really quickly... lots of people have no shame in literally taking every back back to their rooms.  

Probably similar to what you experienced.

• 2 months later...
On 8/29/2022 at 4:48 PM, pyrogy said:

I was on the Panorama two weeks ago and we had two family lounge insides with our 3 kids in the inside cabin and we liked it.

The family lounge was mostly used by us for the coffee machine which gave an acceptable cappuccino and we had at least two each per day.  The cookies and snacks were also good.  Ice cream almost always available.

The video game systems were two PS4s (i think they were PS4s), and each of them had two controllers.  The system worked fine but the games were extremely limited.  One Lego game and one or two racing games I think that was it.

Room card swipe required for entry.  The room was used sparingly not busy at all most of the time.  

We would book family harbour again for the coffee machine alone.

My family is booked on the April 8th, 2023 Panorama sailing in a Family Harbor suite.  I think the big highlight for DH and myself is the coffee machine.   I am used to either having a coffee machine in our cabin or in a lounge that is available to us (Disney Concierge and MSC YC).   I will definitely be making many trips to the FH lounge just for that!