NCL Getaway Live Journey - 9/3 - 9/12

cruiseny4life

On 9/11/2022 at 9:07 AM, cruiseny4life said:

This week, all types of breakfast potatoes seem to be by request only. We already know hash browns are out, but the last three days, unless specifically requested, country potatoes did not show up either. Sometimes it took a couple of reminders to get them. This is not normal in the Haven, so I'm thinking they are rationing potatoes. 

This morning, we both asked for (and the server confirmed) country potatoes. As you can see, there are none on our plates. I suppose my husband was just in the mood for a giant protein plate! They did show up after a second request. 

Even though the potatoes are tricky to receive, service and food quality is still very good! There are many reasons to love the Haven!

20220911_082905.thumb.jpg.2974660ef5c17fa657cef9669f661b46.jpg

20220911_082901.thumb.jpg.72050d174ab3ce0dc3e636b25bb9d350.jpg

So what you're saying is when I'm on the Getaway in October, this should be us:giphy.gif

BRB, I've got to go line my husband's standard-issue cargo short pockets with Ziploc bags.

• Haha 7

On 9/6/2022 at 5:54 PM, cruiseny4life said:

Slight change in plans! We're going to Nassau, Bahamas, Miami, and then two sea days. Original plan included Bermuda. Alas, Tropical Storm Earl has different plans for us. A hoighty toighty Ambassador shared this on Facebook, but the planner updated as well, so he's right. Also, no shade toward Ambassadors - Robbie (the Ambassador), could be the nicest guy ever! 

Screenshot_20220906-174851_Norwegian.jpg

Didn't realize I was hoighty toighty... lol... but glad my info was correct, or else that could have been super embarrassing! 😉  Maybe we will end up on the same ship again, and we can actually meet in person and you can be the deciding vote whether I'm the "nicest guy ever". All jokes here, of course. 🙂 

Kidding aside... looks like we all had a good time... can't wait for the next! 

If anyone is going on Getaway soon, you're in for a treat!

Robbie

• Like 3

15 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

You are far too kind! I enjoyed sharing our journey with everyone. I'm sure I'll add more here and write a review for everyone.

I sure hope you get those hash browns! The almond croissant is a fine substitute though!

Absolutely enjoy your trip and the staff! I'll have a crew shout out later on. I have about ten minutes of internet left, so don't have time to write their kudos!

Hope to hear of your travels during, or after! Have a lovely time onboard!!

Thanks so much.  Enjoyed every single post.

Glad you had such a good time….even with the itinerary change.

🙂

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, romalley99 said:

Didn't realize I was hoighty toighty... lol... but glad my info was correct, or else that could have been super embarrassing! 😉  Maybe we will end up on the same ship again, and we can actually meet in person and you can be the deciding vote whether I'm the "nicest guy ever". All jokes here, of course. 🙂 

Kidding aside... looks like we all had a good time... can't wait for the next! 

If anyone is going on Getaway soon, you're in for a treat!

Robbie

Hehe just in the fact you're an ambassador and I'm not! And, I'm kidding- appreciated the knowledge you shared! 

Yes, perhaps we shall together again. I'm not sure we're destined for lots more cruises, but a few are certainly in our future! Hope you're traveling/ made it home safely. 

This scene greeted me about two miles from home. Ill be wrapping up this live now. There will be a full-fledged review, so be on the lookout. Thanks for taking the journey with me! I appreciate everyone's support and hope you were able to live a bit vicariously through our experience. 

20220912_192608.thumb.jpg.ff5d77e63590348bf637e62dba090aff.jpg

See you somewhere in the forums! 

• Like 9