How to convince a friend to cruise

PatandStu

On 9/1/2022 at 1:36 PM, SargassoPirate said:

Trying to convince someone to take a cruise who has had a bad experience on smaller craft is about as considerate as trying to convince someone to change their political affiliation or religion.  

Really? I get terribly seasick/car sick, but I have always been fine on cruise ships with the help of a little medication.

On 8/29/2022 at 11:36 PM, GeezerCouple said:

Why do you feel the need to try to "convince" someone to cruise if they don't want to, and especially if they've actually had some motion sickness?

You want to treat her to a wonderful 55th?  A vacation?  How about a few days together at a land resort?  Then you *know* she'll enjoy it, and that should make both of you very happy.

GC

Because it becomes old after a while when you can't do things with people due to their overblown fears. "I can't go there because I refuse to fly" "There's nothing on that menu that looks good, I just want pizza again from elsewhere". It's annoying. Sure we try to be kind about it, but the OP was looking for constructive advice to potentially win the friend over in a positive way. No one is trying to force anyone. There are some people scared that they will fall off the boat. Do you also just leave that alone because "that's the way they feel, so respect it?"

I've convinced two people to cruise who were also deathly afraid of getting sick. We had medication ready both times. Neither could even tell we were on the sea. Both now love cruising. As we all see time and time again, many of those who do not enjoy cruising are that way because they came in with a bad attitude. I'm not here to enable that stuff. 

Edited by Joebucks
  • Like 2