E-Gift Card Experience

notscb

I wanted to share my experience trying to use an e-gift card to make a partial payment on my cruise for December.

I initially purchased a Carnival gift card to take advantage of the $40 statement credit Chase offer that was expiring today. When purchasing the e-gift card, I received an email to claim and open it which took me to a page with the gift card number and PIN. When I went to Carnival's site and logged in to make the payment, the gift card number was coming up as "invalid."

I put in a call to Carnival (<10 second wait) to see if they could help and the CSR told me that there were too many numbers. Long story short, if you get an e-gift card that starts with "000," you need to drop the "000" when entering the gift card on Carnival's site. Also, since I was enrolled in auto-pay (3 payments), I couldn't make a partial payment and the CSR had to do it on their end as the website was asking me to make the rest of the payment with a credit card.

Just wanted to let others know in case you've got a gift card and are trying to use it on Carnival's website!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2