Paying Gratuities onboard

hunnibee72

For some silly reason I did not prepay my gratuities when I booked, figuring I'd just pay them onboard. No biggie. I Always pay them but cannot for the life of me figure out when they deduct them from your sign And sail account when onboard. I put cash as my payment method and just want to make sure I have enough cash on the card when it's ready to come out. Thanks!!

Melissa

They will appear on your S&S account on the next-to-last day.  I've only done this once and was expecting to see it earlier, but that was when they appeared.  They are charged by the day, but they appear on your account in one lump sum.

Edited by Schoifmom
  • Like 2

I have onboard credit that I am going to use to pay them. I always prepay but for my cruise in December I decided to wait. Besides having them paid and out of the way when I pay off my cruise, is there another reason to pre-pay them?

6 minutes ago, kelhag said:

I have onboard credit that I am going to use to pay them. I always prepay but for my cruise in December I decided to wait. Besides having them paid and out of the way when I pay off my cruise, is there another reason to pre-pay them?

Nope.  I always like to get as much out of the way before I leave (less to budget for later), so I almost always prepay.  There is no discount, no other real benefit other than knowing that it's done.

• Like 3

You can pre-pay them any time 48 hours before the cruise. Go to your cruise manager and add pre-paid gratuities and, if you are within the final payment date window, pay them right then or pay them with the rest of the balance at final payment date.

• Like 1

I always just let them apply to my S&S account.  It seems in the past they were added on the second day of the cruise.  The reason I don't prepay is because if something would happen and I couldn't make the ship, that's one less thing that I had paid for in advance. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, kelhag said:

Some guests pre-pay to beat the price increase. Just went up not too long ago so, next increase may be far off.

• Like 1