How many feet of extension cord for a Cpap?

spleenstomper

It depends on the Class of ship as to where the plugs are located. On the Oosterdam (I think same class as Westerdam) the plug is at the Desk/Vanity so an extension cored is needed and needs to run across the cabin floor to the night table. Pinnacle class ships there is a plug at the night tables, no cord needed. I take a 10 ft cord with my Cpap but I'm sure an 8 ft cord would work.

• Like 1

We were in a Veranda on the Westerdam in June, there are no outlets for a CPAP machine near the bed.  You need at least a 10ft extension cord or more (tripping hazard).  Best is to ask your room steward for the outlet and extension cord.  On a past cruise, we had a steward tape down the cord, not that lucky on our June cruise.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WA Bubbles said:

We were in a Veranda on the Westerdam in June, there are no outlets for a CPAP machine near the bed.  You need at least a 10ft extension cord or more (tripping hazard).  Best is to ask your room steward for the outlet and extension cord.  On a past cruise, we had a steward tape down the cord, not that lucky on our June cruise.  

I put a beach towel on the floor over the cord at night to help with the tripping issue.

• Like 1

We always call ship services (1-800-541-1576) and tell them we need a long extension cord to go across the room for a C-pap.  Sometimes it's already in the cabin when we get there.  We then get the cabin steward to run it across the floor, under the bed to the outlet.  At that point, they tape the cord to the carpet so I don't kill myself.  Hope this helps.

Helen

• Like 2