Transpacific Brisbane to Seattle April 13, 2023

Mamacat6

13 minutes ago, scruffy18 said:

Yes I will be on this cruise also. Carnival offer was to good to pass up. Also really love the itinerary.  I will be a solo cruiser.

Join the club. There are a few of us solos. I thought I could check in today 30 March but it's been put back a day. Perhaps it's US date? Kay

3 hours ago, doctordi said:

I've contacted Unique Tahiti, which seems to have some really nice tours, and have been very confused by the responses that I have gotten. I THINK that I'm going on the whole day tour, but I can't seem to get a good response as to where we are to meet up, and I still haven't gotten a confirmation email. One response said that the tour left from the Intercontinental at 8:30 am, (which I told them that I can't do), another response said that they would wait for me at the Intercontinental if I got a cab there, and the another response said that everyone on the whole day tour was from the ship and we would meet at the pier. I'm so confused. I'm giving them a couple of days to send me a confirmation, but I'm starting to wonder about this company. Do you have any idea where we are meeting?

The reply I just got

We confirm

2 places
21st April 2023
FULL DAY WEST COAST TOUR
8.30 am pick up FROM THE DOCK INFRONT OF THE SHIP
3.30pm drop off
XXX.000 xpf per person
XX 000 xpf total payable by credit card after the tour

PLEASE LOOK OUT FOR THE RED MERCEDES ON THE DOCK INFRONT ONF THE SHIP

40 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

The reply I just got

We confirm

2 places
21st April 2023
FULL DAY WEST COAST TOUR
3.30pm drop off
XXX.000 xpf per person

I really appreciate this information.  I'll contact them again to see if I can get a confirmation. 

Quick question: did anyone prebuy the wifi package? It is no longer on the website and Carnival is telling me I can't buy it ahead of time and will have to buy it on board. I spent an hour on the phone wasting a lot of time.

The answer they give me is that you can't prebuy Internet on an Australian cruise. Has anyone else had this experience?

8 minutes ago, mainecruisefan said:

Quick question: did anyone prebuy the wifi package? It is no longer on the website and Carnival is telling me I can't buy it ahead of time and will have to buy it on board. I spent an hour on the phone wasting a lot of time.

The answer they give me is that you can't prebuy Internet on an Australian cruise. Has anyone else had this experience?

Yes, bought weeks ago.

Just keep checking website. Up until a few days ago, nothing from the spa was showing and now its all there.

I called a while back on that and was told glitch between Carnival .com and .com.au

Edited by EngIceDave

1 minute ago, EngIceDave said:

Yes, bought weeks ago.

Just keep checking website. Up until a few days ago, nothing from the spa was showing and now it all it.

I called a while back on that and was told glitch between Carnival .com and .com.au

Interesting... they told me the spa was also prohibited by Australian law... but I agree, it is now showing as available for purchase.

2 minutes ago, mainecruisefan said:

This is dependent on your passport. If you have a US Passport, you will need an Australian ETA visa which costs $20aud (around $14) and just preregisters your US Passport with Australia.

How do you pre register US Passport with Australia 

3 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

Yes, bought weeks ago.

Just keep checking website. Up until a few days ago, nothing from the spa was showing and now its all there.

Yes I tried to buy last night and it was gone. It was there the day before. I am mad because I won’t get the pre cruise price.

6 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

The reply I just got

We confirm

2 places
21st April 2023
FULL DAY WEST COAST TOUR
3.30pm drop off
XXX.000 xpf per person

But I didn't think we would arrive there until 9.

4 hours ago, Cruisin Cathy AZ said:

Yes I tried to buy last night and it was gone. It was there the day before. I am mad because I won’t get the pre cruise price.

Try cruise planner, spa and salon section, filter for relaxation and see if you can get it

8 hours ago, scruffy18 said:

What travel visas are required for this cruise?

You have to have an Electronic Australian visa ETA for entry to Australia it can be done on an app - or website.  Just make sure you use the official page and not a visa third party it should cost you $20 AUD (around $14 USD) https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Pages/Visas-and-citizenship.aspx

Has anyone had problem checking in?  I checked in and it popped up to call carnival immediately.  They told me there is a system error and I most likely have to wait to check in once I arrive at the terminal.

4 hours ago, mainecruisefan said:

Heads up!

As a thriftycruiser myself, I paid my gratuities ahead of time for this cruise. They go up $1.50 per day on April 1 to $16. If you prepay now it is $14.50 for a savings of $33.

Very good idea. I paid my before the gratuities up also