Transpacific Brisbane to Seattle April 13, 2023

Mamacat6

2 hours ago, kangforpres said:

Just checked in for my flight from SFO-BNE tonight. Starting to feel like it's gonna happen!

My first short flight is done. Now in Houston with a long layover then a 14.5 hr flight to Auckland then onto Brisbane 😴 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Janet&Carl said:

My flight home after the cruise is 25.50 hours - Seattle to Vancouver, Vancouver to Sydney, Sydney to Hobart.  Its going to be a loooonnngggg night 

Australia is at the end of the earth. We always have those long flights and still front up for more. At least I won't have my hideous flight till the end of my holiday. I checked instructions and we need to have our RAT test for Covid within 3 days of boarding.. See you real soon. Kay

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kaykayozzie said:

Australia is at the end of the earth. We always have those long flights and still front up for more. At least I won't have my hideous flight till the end of my holiday. I checked instructions and we need to have our RAT test for Covid within 3 days of boarding.. See you real soon. Kay

We got our health check email today.  Will do the test in Brisbane the day before we board.   The instructions are one day before boarding ...." ... COVID-19 VACCINATION & TESTING REQUIREMENTS

All guests, including U.S. nationals, aged two years and above, regardless of vaccination status, MUST take a self-administered rapid antigen test (RAT) within 24 hours or a PCR test within 48 hours prior to boarding. Evidence of a negative result is required to cruise. If you receive a positive result, you will not be able to travel and can contact our customer service team at 13 31 94 (or 1-800-CARNIVAL if you are in the U.S.). Please note, a document of recovery is not applicable for this Transpacific cruise and ALL guests will be required to provide a negative test result. 

Guests who do not follow these required vaccination and testing guidelines will not be able to sail and will not be provided a refund. "

Edited by Janet&Carl

21 hours ago, Janet&Carl said:

We got our health check email today.  Will do the test in Brisbane the day before we board.   The instructions are one day before boarding ...." ... COVID-19 VACCINATION & TESTING REQUIREMENTS

All guests, including U.S. nationals, aged two years and above, regardless of vaccination status, MUST take a self-administered rapid antigen test (RAT) within 24 hours or a PCR test within 48 hours prior to boarding. Evidence of a negative result is required to cruise. If you receive a positive result, you will not be able to travel and can contact our customer service team at 13 31 94 (or 1-800-CARNIVAL if you are in the U.S.). Please note, a document of recovery is not applicable for this Transpacific cruise and ALL guests will be required to provide a negative test result. 

Guests who do not follow these required vaccination and testing guidelines will not be able to sail and will not be provided a refund. "

Packed and ready for tomorrow. Thanks for the advice about the RAT test. Will have to do it tomorrow. Bother. Kay

• Like 1

The new normal is jumping through a lot of hoops. But soon we will be cruising. Hopefully I printed everything that needs to be printed.

I plan to take a covid test once I get to my hotel in Brisbane.

Hoping Virgin Australia is somewhat lenient on carry on. They were quite unreasonable last time so I expect to spend $100 to check my carry on.

I'm just keeping the end in sight... less than 2 days to cruise!

3 hours ago, mainecruisefan said:

Hoping Virgin Australia is somewhat lenient on carry on. They were quite unreasonable last time so I expect to spend $100 to check my carry on.

Add bags to your booking now ! before your flight.  Thats if you dont have any already booked.  Its a lot cheaper to do it now than wait until you get to the airport.

Fortunately this time VAu no hassle on weight of Carry on or my laptop backpack. Much ado about nothing.

Sydney Airport was a mob scene. (Especially compared to June 2020 during covid) If you fly into Sydney international find a short line at the automated machine (the first machines you come to) and check into immigration with your passport. Get a little card. The lines get longer the closer you get to immigration. once you get the card you can skip the remaining lines except the one that takes your picture.

Also after baggage claim , don't wait in the long lines to exit. Go to the far left exit (green light on the ceiling) for nothing to declare. It will save you a half hour of waiting.

20 hours ago, kaykayozzie said:

Packed and ready for tomorrow. Thanks for the advice about the RAT test. Will have to do it tomorrow. Bother. Kay

No I don't. I rang Carnival and she said do it now and take a photo of the test. So I did. Yay. Ready to go.

We aren't on this cruise, we're on the Luminosa from Seattle to Brisbane on Sept 14 but last year when we sailed the Splendor to Sydney we booked Honolulu with Tours By Locals.  It was awesome.  About $500 for 3-5 people for 8 hours.

On 3/8/2023 at 4:41 PM, Janet&Carl said:

My elderly mother and I just booked this cruise - flights and insurance are going to cost a bomb !

Hey Janet,  I don't know if you'll see this as I believe you are on the cruise already but we'll be in Hobart on November 3, 2023.  We'd love to meet up with you.  Brenda, Linda, Georgette

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sfjakey said:

Is Carnival enforcing the dress code for dinner?  Thanks - trying to determine packing 

I dont think they turn away anyone dressed in jeans and T shirts even on formal nights. They would probably turn away bathing suits.

1 hour ago, mainecruisefan said:

I dont think they turn away anyone dressed in jeans and T shirts even on formal nights. They would probably turn away bathing suits.

Thanks, just got off TA on the Pride and dress code was not enforced - can adjust my packing accordingly --Safe travels