Coral Princess boarding for groups

Jean C

Hi, I'll be cruising with my daughter and her children. They will go to the Gold Coast for the week before the cruise, I will fly in on the day of the cruise. Two of the kids are booked in a cabin with me.  Does anyone know if it's okay to board separately, ie Keith and I board first thing, and daughter and her brood, including the two children in our cabin, later in the day? Thanks 🍹 😊 

1 hour ago, Jean C said:

Hi, I'll be cruising with my daughter and her children. They will go to the Gold Coast for the week before the cruise, I will fly in on the day of the cruise. Two of the kids are booked in a cabin with me.  Does anyone know if it's okay to board separately, ie Keith and I board first thing, and daughter and her brood, including the two children in our cabin, later in the day? Thanks 🍹 😊 

Are you all on same booking number? 

2 hours ago, Jean C said:

Jean, I'd be a little concerned about flying from Auckland to anywhere in Australia for same day departure on a cruise ship (unless you board one day and sail the next?).

I have had a flight from Melbourne to Auckland delayed (pre-covid!) for several hours so that I arrived into Auckland (without my luggage which had gone to Sydney!) many hours after my scheduled arrival.

Lugage arrived next day. If I'd been planing to go on a cruise on the day and time of my original flight, I would have been very disappointed.

Just FWIW.

I'm booked on a cruise in Febraury next year and will be attending a family wedding in Auckland a couple of days prior. I plan to fly back the day before my cruise departs to make sure I don't 'miss the boat'. Maybe that's just a 'me' level of caution!

• Thanks 1

Just now, Cbtours said:

Then should definitely be no problem. 

We're thinking two out of the 4 cabin occupants MAY board earlier than the other 2, depending on what everyone's land-based schedule ends up being.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Jean, I'd be a little concerned about flying from Auckland to anywhere in Australia for same day departure on a cruise ship (unless you board one day and sail the next?).

I have had a flight from Melbourne to Auckland delayed (pre-covid!) for several hours so that I arrived into Auckland (without my luggage which had gone to Sydney!) many hours after my scheduled arrival.

Lugage arrived next day. If I'd been planing to go on a cruise on the day and time of my original flight, I would have been very disappointed.

Just FWIW.

I'm booked on a cruise in Febraury next year and will be attending a family wedding in Auckland a couple of days prior. I plan to fly back the day before my cruise departs to make sure I don't 'miss the boat'. Maybe that's just a 'me' level of caution!

We always fly into Auckland a day or more before our cruise boards, just in case. If Virgin Australia don't start flying to NZ in time for our Xmas cruise we'll probably add an extra day if we have to fly on Qantas. I know of too many people who have have their travel plans stuffed up by Qantas in the last few months. 

• Thanks 1