Airplane arriving one day earlier without my request

mythstera

3 hours ago, complawyer said:

patrlr. in theory you are correct. but along with your what if's, what if the plane was delayed, flight cancelled, bad weather. there are so many things that can go wrong, why take the chance?

i would never presume to spend someone else money, but even if i'm booked into an inside cabin, i've still spent money to cruise. wouldnt you rather book a hotel for a night or 2, than risk missing the ship altogether. remember murphy's law!!!

I believe I answered these questions of yours right in my first sentence:

3 hours ago, PATRLR said:

I agree that going in a day early (at least) is the right thing to do.  Heck, we're arriving in Miami on Thursday for a Sunday cruise.  So I absolutely "get it" that what NCL has booked is a better option. 

I just think most people are missing the point about NCL essentially adding a day to OP's vacation.  It's all good now becuase we all think the OP should arrive a day early, but what if OP had already opted to fly in 2 days early and NCL decided to put them in 3 days early?  It's the same issue, just the former we all know is "better", the latter not so much.

• Like 1

Allright so here is the update.

I was finally able to talk to the air department. They said that it's an error on their behalf and they will reschedule a plane to arrive on the day of departure.

I argued that i won't mind paying a hotel after what everything has said here (eventhough I will have trouble with my boss to ask for an extra day off but that's a problem for another day) but they wouldn't let me since "I didnt request a deviance trip in advance". I then begged the lady but to no avail saying that i will get a new email soon with the right date. She was arguing that even if i didnt call they would of eventually realise and correct the airfare dates.

I then asked to talk to the supervisor. But she was arrongant as well and said the same thing. (Customer support at NCL is getting as low as their stock value).

All in all I will be flying to rome and getting there on the day of departure, lets hope all goes well.

Thanks eveyone for your comments.

Edited by mythstera

On 9/4/2022 at 6:03 AM, mythstera said:

NCL air program gave us ticket that is arriving one day (31st October morning) earlier in Rome for our cruise departing 1st November. I've never requested this. 

I actually won't mind coming a day early but how does that work? Do they pay us a hotel? Or do we need to hang out in the airport for 24hrs??

I've been trying to call the ncl air line, they tried to transfer me twice to some other air department but after an hour on hold ive been giving up. Ill try to call again next week. But was wondering if anyone had a similar situation.

P.s. according to google flight, airplane ticket were 300$ cheaper per person if we arrived one day early. I suspect this has something to do with all of this. But thats only my opinion

Our friends are joining us in Copenhagen and requested 2 days early and when they just received their flights they were arriving at 11:30 am the day of the cruise.  After much communication between our TA and NCL they were able to change the flights...for a cost of $670 each!  Oh well.  At least we know never us use NCL air for our trip next summer.  Nobody can explain how the 2 day deviation was canceled.

17 hours ago, mythstera said:

Allright so here is the update.

I was finally able to talk to the air department. They said that it's an error on their behalf and they will reschedule a plane to arrive on the day of departure.

I argued that i won't mind paying a hotel after what everything has said here (eventhough I will have trouble with my boss to ask for an extra day off but that's a problem for another day) but they wouldn't let me since "I didnt request a deviance trip in advance". I then begged the lady but to no avail saying that i will get a new email soon with the right date. She was arguing that even if i didnt call they would of eventually realise and correct the airfare dates.

I then asked to talk to the supervisor. But she was arrongant as well and said the same thing. (Customer support at NCL is getting as low as their stock value).

All in all I will be flying to rome and getting there on the day of departure, lets hope all goes well.

Thanks eveyone for your comments.

I hope you have good travel insurance. If not and its not too late to purchase, I know I would. 

• Like 1