$45 flat rate taxi at SeaTac

spleenstomper

I read a thread a few pages down the other night and there was some confusion about if the $45 flat rate taxi is at the airport TO downtown and It is.  My son and I landed last week and accidentally got in one at the parking garage. We were staying at the airport Hilton across the street lol. But my adult son wanted to hit a dispensary, so we did that and took a little joy ride. Thank goodness, because I had no idea until I paid that it was a flat rate taxi. 

Anyway, on that thread a local said there was an airport to hotel flat rate taxi and a poster said no, online he found it was from hotel to airport only.

I just wanted to clarify that as of last week, there were definitely flat rate taxis from airport to hotel. 

Also, the regular taxis are I think blue and yellow so if you haven’t done this before you can tell the attendant which taxi you want (flat rate or regular) and they can help you out. 

Edited by spleenstomper

a lot of things changed with shuttles and taxis during the pandemic.  Seatac used to have $45 flat rate towncars to downtown but they are no longer available.  Taxis at Seatac can be either 'flat rate' or metered so you need to ask the 'dispatcher' and be sure to establish the 'rate' before you get in.  They normally use zip code to establish cost so its helpful to know that.  From downtown hotels or pier 66 (not 91) any cab is a flat $45.  They have pricing on the door of metered cabs only.  Its not that confusing but you need to ask.  People just took cabs from Pier 91 to downtown hotels and they said they were charged $30.  Don't know if there is an 'official' rate but others have mentioned flat rate from pier 91 so apparently its been around for a bit.

• Like 1

Seattle Express is another option (and they just started pickups at the airport as well as airport area hotels).  Cost roundtrip is $35 per person, so less expensive for one or two travelers than a taxi or Uber.  Drivers were excellent last week and everything ran smoothly.  I was very impressed and would definitely use them again (Mike D was a great driver by the way and took the time to show us some of the sights along the way!).  We were quite surprised to see them waiting for us at the hotel, as we were 15 minutes early for our pickup time - nice start to a trip.  Easy to find at Pier 91 and had a minimal wait to fill the extended van. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...