Carnival Luminosa Sept 14, 2023 Transpacific Seattle to Brisbane

On 8/18/2023 at 10:01 AM, Eliot Ness said:

I think I gave you the incorrect Zip Code, it should be 95511 but if that doesn't fill in the blanks try the 95111 I posted earlier (one of them is correct 😄).

Some people are posting on the Facebook pages that John Heald is looking into somehow streamlining this process.  I think I would still attempt to get the Visa yourself; I can see the nightmare if Carnival tried to process these unless they somehow strike a deal with Indonesia.

You can use 95511 or 95522 which is the one I used.

On 8/2/2023 at 6:54 PM, Buchana3 said:

Not sure if all the spots are full but am interested, we have 2 .. you can email me at Susanbuchanan @yahoo

We will be doing the underground rive too but with Carnival because of the US Gov.  Warning.  

On 8/2/2023 at 7:04 PM, Buchana3 said:

I also wondered that.. and if I have to get a booster as I already had 2 shots.. just not a recent booster

I don't think you are fully vaccinated.  I have had 5 injection including  2 boosters and getting a 3rd booster on Wednesday for the new variance.  

On 8/19/2023 at 5:46 PM, brightpearl said:

Hi

we are looking forward to cruise with all of you in sept.

john and I, irene, are from the bay area (like frank and sarah maybe?)

please include us in your roll call.

Hi John and Irene: Frank and Sarah here - Yes, we are in the Bay Area --  We live in San Francisco just below UCSF facing Golden Gate Park.   Safe and healthy travels, Frank and Sarah

On 8/22/2023 at 11:09 PM, brightpearl said:

hi susan and frank

you live in a beautiful area.
We live in los altos.
Have also decided to do carnivals underground river tour too.

hoping to meet up with you soon.

We have booked the underground river with Carnival because of warning from from the State Dept. and not from a tour company off the net. Did you book with Carnival too?  Frank and Sarah

Yes. We are booked with Carnival their puerto princesa subterranean river national park $169.99 pp excursio.

we have also booked a nights stay in brisbane and will be flyiny out on qantas at 4pm to sfo. We are commtted to Qantas due to trip cancellation credit.

pl. Email me at ihoe@yahoo.com as i would love to exchange details of our forcomong trip.

Hi, John:  It’s almost time to start our great adventure!!  Looking forward to meeting up on the ship.  Did you get on any excursions?  I haven’t booked any yet but would like to join some, especially  for Japan.  When are you arriving in Seattle?  I’m arriving on the 13, staying overnight at Motel 6 near the airport.  It has some good reviews   Joan. 

21 hours ago, Cruisegypsymichelle said:

My name is Michelle.  I’ll be cruising solo on this 30 day adventure.  Wondering if we still need to do the Covid test before boarding since Australia has changed its policy lately

I asked my personal cruise consultant yesterday and she said nothing's changed as of yet...

• Like 1

On 5/20/2023 at 8:32 PM, Gaz561 said:

Hey Ausblonde, Gaz & Jane here also from NSW doing the same trip.

Flying out of Sydney 1st of September for Honolulu staying there till 7th and flying to Seattle for a week before we leave on cruise.

Be good to catch up in Seattle before we sail.

What part of Sydney you from?

Gaz

Hi Gaz, so sorry for the delayed response I forgot about this site. We are not flying out for a few days yet, plans changed so will only be in Seattle for a night. 

Look forward to meeting you on board. We are from the Parramatta area. 

On 9/2/2023 at 4:48 PM, Watsonville said:

I’m wondering how carnival does with white clothing sent to wash n fold service.  Do they have to be bagged separately?

No, they don't have to be bagged separately.  My only experience with whites are underwear which doesn't come back quite as white as done at home, but acceptable.  Remember all the laundry is washed in fairly hot water and dried in a hot dryer so be cautious with items that might shrink.  My pre-washed jeans came back OK as did some sports grey t-shirts.

On 8/22/2023 at 6:54 PM, sfjakey said:

I don't think you are fully vaccinated.  I have had 5 injection including  2 boosters and getting a 3rd booster on Wednesday for the new variance.  

I have the one shot J&J and I'm considered fully vaccinated. 

So, no covid tests needed now for any cruises. 

HAVE FUN. BE SAFE.™ COVID-19 GUEST PROTOCOLS

Last updated 29 August 2023

Effective immediately, we are making it easier for all guests, irrespective of vaccination status, to sail on cruises of any length from Australia. Proof of vaccination, pre-cruise testing, and application for a vaccine exemption are no longer required. Reservations are now confirmed for all guests, including for those awaiting a vaccine exemption.

Guests who have symptoms of respiratory illness within 5 days of embarkation should test for COVID-19. If you receive a positive result, you will not be able to travel. Please contact our customer service team at 13 31 94.

We remain unwavering in our commitment to the well-being and safety of our guests, crew, and the communities we visit. Looking ahead, we will continue to abide by our strict and robust hygiene standards, whilst closely collaborating with relevant health authorities