Alcoholic Drink Questions -

Robjame

25 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

The O website says no. But, as you found out, all sorts of restart rules have been modified.

Where is that, are you sure it's not a matter of your interpretation? I thought it was referring to special drinks only available in those venues, such as sake special single malts in Polo etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruisingIGo said:

Our last O cruise was in April 2022 on Riviera.   DH and I had the Prestige Package .  We both ordered cocktails in all 4 specialty restaurants.   Typically order is a lemon drop and a double bourbon over ice.  No charge for us.

Same here - we have never been charged for cocktails in the Specialty restaurants on any of our many O cruises.....granted there are a few "specialty" cocktails in the Specialty restaurants that are not covered but all the usual are.  I will report if anything has changed when we are on Regatta.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORV said:

Where is that, are you sure it's not a matter of your interpretation? I thought it was referring to special drinks only available in those venues, such as sake special single malts in Polo etc. 

there was a thread here w/i the past few weeks and someone did post the O citation. But, I’m not going to look for it. 
Best bet: bring a cocktail from a bar with you and/or ask about policy before ordering spirits in a specialty restaurant

2 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Cocktails ordered while in specialty restaurants are not included in the Prestige Package.

However, like the corkage fee, there may be occasions when you’re “unofficially” not charged.

So - this may not be true any longer. There was a CC thread regarding with an O policy citation a few weeks ago. But posts here are saying there was no charge.

5 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

there was a thread here w/i the past few weeks and someone did post the O citation. But, I’m not going to look for it. 

I think it was a lemoncello in Toscana - the usual one yes but not the specialty Toscana one….. similar to sake in Red Ginger