Golf during New England cruise

LLANm

Has anyone played golf during their port stop in Newport RI, St Johns, Bar Harbor, Halifax or Boston?  Any recommendations on courses? Was it difficult getting your clubs off and the ship particularly when tendering?   

1 hour ago, LLANm said:

Has anyone played golf during their port stop in Newport RI, St Johns, Bar Harbor, Halifax or Boston?  Any recommendations on courses? Was it difficult getting your clubs off and the ship particularly when tendering?  

Once, a long time ago. We lived close enough to the embarkation port (New York) so bringing clubs wasn't a huge deal but I wouldn't have brought them if I had to fly. The crew stored them somewhere else so did not have to keep them in the cabin and had them waiting by the gangway that morning. 

I met up with a friend who belonged to a private club right outside of Boston so did not have to tender with them. I've been to Boston countless times for work so didn't feel like I was missing out on the experience spending the day playing a round. I would imagine tendering with them wouldn't be the end of the world but worth checking with the cruise line to see if they will allow it. 

Wouldn't do it again-- was a lot of hassle even without having to fly with my clubs. If I was intent on doing it again I would just rent clubs wherever I was playing.