Linking rooms?

MomtherOfDragons

Hello, my husband and I are taking our kids on a carnival cruise (breeze) in December and have nearby rooms (not connecting). We booked one room under my name and one under his and split the kids between us… We plan on the older two staying in the interior room and the youngest staying with us in the other room.. Will Carnival give us extra keys for the rooms or do we just have to trade keys around?

This is the first time we’ve booked two rooms with one adult in each, so I wasnt sure. 

Thanks in advance :)

• Like 1

You also do NOT have to carry around extra keys.  You can simply tell guest services who is switching to which rooms, and you want new keys, and they will rekey your room key and give you new ones, so you don't have to carry extra keys around.  We do this all the time with our parents since hubby and I are Diamond so they can board with us, and then we just switch rooms when on board.

Not sure about the actual age of your kids though and there is a requirement for a minimum age for them to be in a room by themselves, so they may not let you do that you and may have to just get a door only key.

We have one booked early October. Same situation as you, except we have connecting ocean views. We have had it confirmed we can get room keys for eachothers rooms. But we're thinking about seeing if they can just make all 4 of our cards just work for both rooms.

Edited by Dwright826

4 hours ago, Dwright826 said:

We have one booked early October. Same situation as you, except we have connecting ocean views. We have had it confirmed we can get room keys for eachothers rooms. But we're thinking about seeing if they can just make all 4 of our cards just work for both rooms.

You can't make a single card work for more than 1 room.  You can make any 1 card work for any particular room though once on board you just tell them what room the person is and ask them to switch and rekey it.  So, you would have to decide who was going to be assigned to each room, and that would be where their primary Sail and Sign would be assigned and work for the door as well.  If you want them to have access to the other room too, then they would have to carry another card that is just a key card for that room.