Question: Hairdryers on Edge Class Ships

BananaMama66

Can anyone please tell me 

(1) are hairdryers provided in all staterooms on Edge class ships?
(2) if so, are they the kind of dryers that you have to hold a button in place to keep the dryer running?

We are trying to pack carryon only for our upcoming cruise and it would save space if I didn’t have to bring my hairdryer. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

35 minutes ago, BananaMama66 said:

Can anyone please tell me 

(1) are hairdryers provided in all staterooms on Edge class ships?
(2) if so, are they the kind of dryers that you have to hold a button in place to keep the dryer running?

We are trying to pack carryon only for our upcoming cruise and it would save space if I didn’t have to bring my hairdryer. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

Yes, there are hairdryers, and yes, you must hold down the button.  My hair is quite short and only takes a few moments to dry mine, so not a problem for me.  I have read that others use a heavy duty rubber band to hold the button down.

• Like 1

On Apex, the hairdryer was in a drawer directly under the sink in the bathroom, which I didn't see (when have I seen a drawer under a sink?) until the steward told me where it was. 😃

Thank you in advance for not using duct tape to hold the button down. Nothing worse than having to deal with that residue on a dryer.

• Like 1

Thanks so much hrhdhd!  I never would have looked for the hairdryer in the bathroom. They are usually in a drawer in the the desk/dressing table.

I promise, no duct tape on the hair dryer (yuck - the residue). The rubber band idea mentioned earlier by bama4cruisin may be my go to solution. 

Thanks for the helpful replies. 

• Like 1