On Board Credit and Charges

agnesd

I cruised in the Yacht Club on the May 21,2022 sailing of the Seashore.

I was not given credit for the $400 on board.  They said they would send a check.  Haven’t received it yet.  They also charged $342.20 to the Top Sail Lounge Bar. And $89.76 Top Sail Sun Deck Lounge.  I have no knowledge of what I could have spent it on???  I was in the yacht club. Never ordered drinks not included. So far still waiting for clarification. I will have to pursue and outside consumer agency to resolve my issues.  They could at lease acknowledge my request for clarification of charges.

1 hour ago, agnesd said:

I cruised in the Yacht Club on the May 21,2022 sailing of the Seashore.

I was not given credit for the $400 on board.  They said they would send a check.  Haven’t received it yet.  They also charged $342.20 to the Top Sail Lounge Bar. And $89.76 Top Sail Sun Deck Lounge.  I have no knowledge of what I could have spent it on???  I was in the yacht club. Never ordered drinks not included. So far still waiting for clarification. I will have to pursue and outside consumer agency to resolve my issues.  They could at lease acknowledge my request for clarification of charges.

Good luck, I too am waiting for resolution from a September issue.

They will ignore you and an outside agency will be of no good.

You would have been given a list of charges on the last night.

I don't see you mention gratuities?

They are lousy at customer service. They just don't care. 

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Aeroplex said:

Thats why I never register a credit card 😉 A 500€ bill at the end + the invoice at the receiption. Voila

EU laws and US laws are different.  As a US resident this is why I would only use a credit card.  I'll dispute the charge (within 60 days of charge) and the bank will chargeback at the cruise line.  Cruise line needs to provide documentation for authorized charges, otherwise they are not getting a penny extra from me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Selion said:

EU laws and US laws are different.  As a US resident this is why I would only use a credit card.  I'll dispute the charge (within 60 days of charge) and the bank will chargeback at the cruise line.

Same in EU, actually.

(Unless you're using a mobile wallet (Apple Pay) or two-factor authentication, which I guess MSC isn't doing.)