Address for Arrive Can app

bignan

My husband and I are sailing on a Canada New England cruise next week, and I have uploaded our vaccine cards into the Arrive Can app.  I read that we need to register on Arrive Can within 72 hours of embarkation.  What address do we put in Arrive Can if we are on a cruise? (NCL Pearl?) Also, do we need to complete it again if we're staying overnight in Quebec after the cruise?  I find it to be a little confusing, so I'm hoping to get some advice.

When we were on the Celebrity Summit cruise last month, the itinerary portion we needed to fill out within 72 hours of embarkation was pretty simple. We first had to identify we were arriving by a marine vessel, rather than by air or car, and had to subsequently enter what ship we were on and the first port in Canada we were going to be docking at. In our case our first port was Halifax.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

I had to ask on CC to find out what the correct port address was to enter when docking in Victoria.  It's kind of silly and you might think that the cruise lines stopping in Canada would provide a proper reference, since all passengers will be having to enter the info into ArriveCan.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

When we were on the Celebrity Summit cruise last month, the itinerary portion we needed to fill out within 72 hours of embarkation was pretty simple. We first had to identify we were arriving by a marine vessel, rather than by air or car, and had to subsequently enter what ship we were on and the first port in Canada we were going to be docking at. In our case our first port was Halifax.

Thank you.  That sounds easier than I thought it would be.  Our first port will also be Halifax, so I guess I can look up the port address for that port to enter into the app.

1 minute ago, bignan said:

Thank you.  That sounds easier than I thought it would be.  Our first port will also be Halifax, so I guess I can look up the port address for that port to enter into the app.

When you get to that part, they will give you a drop down list of ALL Canadian ports. Just start typing Halifax and the actual port name should appear.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I had to ask on CC to find out what the correct port address was to enter when docking in Victoria.  It's kind of silly and you might think that the cruise lines stopping in Canada would provide a proper reference, since all passengers will be having to enter the info into ArriveCan.

You are right; you'd think that the cruise line would provide that information to passengers ahead of time in an email.  I wonder how much longer Canada is going to require the ArriveCan app.  

Just now, Ken the cruiser said:

When you get to that part, they will give you a drop down list of ALL Canadian ports. Just start typing Halifax and the actual port name should appear.

Oh that is convenient if there's a drop down list of all the Canadian ports to enter.  It was easy enough up upload our proof of vaccination, so hopefully the rest will go well.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bignan said:

You are right; you'd think that the cruise line would provide that information to passengers ahead of time in an email.  I wonder how much longer Canada is going to require the ArriveCan app.  

Sounds like it will be permanent.  The next revision of the app is suppose to have all the question that you normally answer on the customs declaration card or answer on the airport kiosk.  I suspect the COVID questions will eventually disappear.   I hope they give you the option of still doing on paper if you have problems with the app.  However, they have not released any of the details yet.