Fort Lauderdale Water Taxi? Miami to Hollywood

huntr104

We are going to be in Miami for 2 days prior to our cruise next month and we want to spend a day taking the Ft. Lauderdale Water Taxi.  What is the best way to get from Miami to Hollywood (Margaritaville)?  And approximately how long of a car ride is it?  Thanks. 

12 hours ago, nhraformula00 said:

Google search says 21 miles and 26 min.

Don't trust a google search when it comes to traffic in the Miami area!  LOL  It could take 40 minutes to go 8.8 miles to get to a shopping center! And it could take us that to drive from our condo on Brickell in Miami to get to the destination they inquired about. 

It will depend on where you are in Miami and what time of day it is to what the drive time will be @huntr104but Uber or Lyft are a great way to go.  There will be surge pricing when it rains or if it's rush hour so the price does fluctuate.  Have you picked out your hotel yet?

2 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Don't trust a google search when it comes to traffic in the Miami area!  LOL  It could take 40 minutes to go 8.8 miles to get to a shopping center! And it could take us that to drive from our condo on Brickell in Miami to get to the destination they inquired about. 

It will depend on where you are in Miami and what time of day it is to what the drive time will be @huntr104but Uber or Lyft are a great way to go.  There will be surge pricing when it rains or if it's rush hour so the price does fluctuate.  Have you picked out your hotel yet?

Thank you.  Yes I did google it first and it said like 2 hours and change. 😄  That's why I asked in here because it didn't make sense.  We're staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/Brickell.

22 minutes ago, huntr104 said:

Thank you.  Yes I did google it first and it said like 2 hours and change. 😄  That's why I asked in here because it didn't make sense.  We're staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/Brickell.

Great hotel, you’ll love it.  I lived steps from there for 8 years and just spent a night at the Hampton Inn recently when seeing my son.  The renovations they did to the rooms are great.  

You’ll have lots of restaurants, bars and shopping close by.  

49 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Great hotel, you’ll love it.  I lived steps from there for 8 years and just spent a night at the Hampton Inn recently when seeing my son.  The renovations they did to the rooms are great.  

You’ll have lots of restaurants, bars and shopping close by.  

Awesome!  Thank you.  We've taken the Water Taxi before when we stayed pre cruise at Lago Mar in Ft. Lauderdale and had a great time.  We actually met Captain Lee from Bravo's Below Deck while shopping on Las Olas Blvd.  This time around we'll be there 3 days before the FLIBS, so we we're hoping that there would be alot going on up there.  

On 9/8/2022 at 11:26 PM, nhraformula00 said:

Google search says 21 miles and 26 min.

Yea, at 11:30 p.m. sure. 

Average time in the day is closer to 40-mins, and over 60-75mins in evening rush. 

10 hours ago, huntr104 said:

Depends on the time of day. I would suggest leaving a little later in the morning. I would expect on a weekday 30-40mins, weekend maybe a bit shorter. Car is the best way. You could also look at taking Brightline from Downtown Miami to Fort Lauderdale and Uber from there. Likely take longer, but more comfortable than an Uber and something different. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/8/2022 at 9:55 AM, huntr104 said:

We are going to be in Miami for 2 days prior to our cruise next month and we want to spend a day taking the Ft. Lauderdale Water Taxi.  What is the best way to get from Miami to Hollywood (Margaritaville)?  And approximately how long of a car ride is it?  Thanks. 

The water taxi is great.  If you have time, take the leg also up to Las Olas.  

• Thanks 1