Ft. Lauderdale to Miami Q’s

emmyp_14

In a nut shell…

7 adults. 2 kids (8 years old and 1 year old) flying into Ft. L the day prior. I am personally wanting to get as far into Miami as we can so that we can get to the cruise port easier next day. Was just looking at snagging a Lyft:Uber to get to a Miami hotel then Lyft/Uber to the port (yes we have a car seat.) Mom is wanting to stay in Hollywood and then take a shuttle the next morning that the hotel provides. Makes me nervous because I haven’t seen the best reviews In Regards to hotels and their shuttle service. 

if you have been on this same “itinerary” what worked for you? 

thanks in advance!

10 hours ago, emmyp_14 said:

I am personally wanting to get as far into Miami as we can so that we can get to the cruise port easier next day. Was just looking at snagging a Lyft:Uber to get to a Miami hotel then Lyft/Uber to the port (yes we have a car seat.) Mom is wanting to stay in Hollywood and then take a shuttle the next morning that the hotel provides.

They are extremely close to each other-- no need to worry about distance or travel time. You either make the trek the night you arrive into Miami proper (most likely a bit more expensive) or stay up North and head down the day of your cruise departure (most likely a little bit more economical). No right or wrong answer. 

It really does not make a huge difference. Miami and Fort Lauderdale to most people are the same city. 20-miles apart. Personally, going into Miami straight from the Airport seems easier to me. You could stay somewhere close to the port in Downtown or Brickell and make it very easy the day of the cruise.