Nov 20, 2022 - 11 day cruise to New Zealand

stingau

Hubby and I booked on this cruise. Thank you for starting the page, Stingau. I tried to, but you beat me to it :).  Where are coming from to depart Brisbane? We are coming from *, Qld. Anyone else from my area - Wide Bay Burnett Region?

On 9/11/2022 at 2:54 AM, LincolnLegend said:

We may be booking on this cruise, have been offered an amazing price, just trying to work out if air fares will still let it be viable!

If you are a frequent flyer you may be able to buy air tickets with points.  I just bought ff tickets for $8,000 points but there wasn't a big choice.  

On 9/16/2022 at 1:33 PM, MMDown Under said:

If you are a frequent flyer you may be able to buy air tickets with points.  I just bought ff tickets for $8,000 points but there wasn't a big choice.  

Thanks @MMDown Under there are no flights available for points on either day, I don't have many yet either. Still trying to work it out, decisions, decisions!

• 3 weeks later...

Have made a booking on this cruise.. .  This will be my 3rd cruise to NZ.  2 week cruises are very relaxing and the deal was hard to refuse, 1st holiday in 3 years,  time to chill. Will we be meeting on-board during sailaway ??

Edited by Adele Kay
Spelling

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2022 at 5:28 AM, Adele Kay said:

Have made a booking on this cruise.. .  This will be my 3rd cruise to NZ.  2 week cruises are very relaxing and the deal was hard to refuse, 1st holiday in 3 years,  time to chill. Will we be meeting on-board during sailaway ??

Woohoo Adele, this is our first Nz cruise and would like to know your experiences in christchurch and Picton?  I pretty well have the day planned in Wellington. I am looking forward to relaxing also and just not having to do all the jobs at home. Hubby will get a bit bored on each of the day 3 at sea but we couldn't refuse the amazing price. I'll be at sail away. I am surprised that no one is on this roll call.  friends on a NZ one next year has hundreds. hhhmmm

So this will actually be my 4th NZ cruise, (2011, 2014, 2016  previously)   This cruise does not go to Picton.  We go to Wellinton, Christchurch and Dunedin.   2011, was the year of a devastating earthquake, so we didnt get to see Christchurch, but was moored off Akaroa. I did a wildlife boat tour with a local, and it was great. Akaroa is a very beautiful location, another time I swam with the Hectors dolphins..amazing.   When I did get to Christchurch I did the tram trip around town, and also hired a kayak and went for a paddle down the Avon River.  In Dunedin on 2 occasions I got myself off the ship early onto 1st shuttle to town, dropped off at Dunedin Railway Station and did a return rail trip each time - Tieri Gorge and Waitati . The train for Tieri Gorge did leave from the Port Chalmers  area, but I ended up saving $100 by buying my own ticket in Dunedin. I enjoyed both trips.   Make sure you have a warm jacket, maybe beanie and scarf for Fjordland area, been there 3 times out of 4 sailings, ships dont always get through the entry channel if the weather is bad.  It is very scenic, you will enjoy it.  I must admit I have not been on Cruise Critic for years. There are other roll calls, but on FB, check it out.  I hope we get to meet at sailaway, I am travelling solo this time...me time.

Hmm... I have a crazy offer for a cloud 9 spa balcony - even with airfares of a bit over $1000 to get to Brisbane and back, I may have to try my first solo cruise! I'll see what tomorrow brings, does anyone know of safe, clean, decently priced accommodation in Brisbane?

Ok, I've booked a cabin solo, so will be keen to meet up with others once on board. I was trying to wait until I could book in leave at work, but missed a balcony cabin so grabbed an interior while I could, I'll get in first thing and sort the leave tomorrow, then book flights - that's the ouchy bit!

booked today. Travelling solo, as I usually do 🙂 

Whilst I have done many cruises, this is my first cruise to NZ.

Approx 12 years ago I did a land trip to NZ. Toured the north island but ran out of time for the south island. So I'm looking forward to exploring more of NZ.

On 10/22/2022 at 12:13 AM, LincolnLegend said:

Hmm... I have a crazy offer for a cloud 9 spa balcony - even with airfares of a bit over $1000 to get to Brisbane and back, I may have to try my first solo cruise! I'll see what tomorrow brings, does anyone know of safe, clean, decently priced accommodation in Brisbane?

Most of the accommodation close to Portside are good quality.  

On 10/25/2022 at 1:07 PM, MMDown Under said:

Most of the accommodation close to Portside are good quality.  

Now my leave and flights are booked, I will spend a bit of time checking out some accommodation options, I'm not super fussy but want somewhere safe and clean and hopefully near a shopping centre of some description to grab a few extras I don't want to fly with.

On 9/9/2022 at 7:19 PM, stingau said:

Gday from qld.

we are booked to depart brisbane on this cruise. Hoping to see who else is booked on this cruise

On 10/26/2022 at 9:11 PM, LincolnLegend said:

Now my leave and flights are booked, I will spend a bit of time checking out some accommodation options, I'm not super fussy but want somewhere safe and clean and hopefully near a shopping centre of some description to grab a few extras I don't want to fly with.

My husband and myself have just booked this cruise last minute we got an amazing price e for a suite as we are seniors.  Has to be something good for being old lol.  We live on sunshine shine coast so will just drive to terminal.

On 10/22/2022 at 12:13 AM, LincolnLegend said:

I got a solo spa balcony for $270. Couldnt find family, friends or workmate who could go. My last minute flights from syd was $300 return. So for approx $600, its a steal for 11nights.

On 10/24/2022 at 7:11 PM, Ausgirl101 said:

booked today. Travelling solo, as I usually do 🙂 

Whilst I have done many cruises, this is my first cruise to NZ.

Approx 12 years ago I did a land trip to NZ. Toured the north island but ran out of time for the south island. So I'm looking forward to exploring more of NZ.

Im sailing solo too. Maybe we can meet up. Actually cruise critic usually has a meet up on board. Any idea? 

Another who scored a terrific deal, but this will be my first solo cruise (have done other cruises and a couple of NZ road trips in the past). I can be a bit of a loner at times but looking forward to experiencing ship life again. I love nature and photography, if you see someone wandering around with a longish lens it might be me looking out for birdies, dolphins or flying fish. Feel free to say hi 🙂

Edited by chezzyr

Congratulations to everyone who have booked a solo cruise, at a bargain price.  Unfortunately I wasn't eligible for the special offer because I haven't cruised on Carnival previously.  However, I have joined Carnival.  If ship isn't full in December, maybe they'll change their mind.

I got the special before the last special (in early September)   $715 for an inside Solo with no OBC. I thought that was a bargain. Shame I didn't wait a little longer....  I am looking forward to this cruise  - I have not cruised to NZ either and it's been on my Cruise Wish list.