Current wine list

jmw23

They’ve had issues getting some wines and keeping others in stock (supply chain issues are still super alive in the alcohol world- try to find green chartreuse anywhere 🤣).  I don’t think there have been major updates to the bar menus, so if you find them, there’s no guarantee it’ll be there when you’re on.

That said, they had a ton of sparkling at sip and a pretty decent wine selection across the ship. Most wines were <$15/glass, with a lot of them in the ~$9-12 region (tip inclusive)

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/13/2022 at 5:47 AM, yarramar said:

They allow 2 bottles of byo wine per cabin. Just choose something special and bring it with you

We will drink about anything as long as it is cold and wet - and white. LOL!  We may take a bit more than 2 bottles. If they take them, no big deal.

5 hours ago, garycarla said:

We will drink about anything as long as it is cold and wet - and white. LOL!  We may take a bit more than 2 bottles. If they take them, no big deal.

YMMV on that - we've brought 2 bottles each and went through separate security lines with no issue, but i saw someone complaining on FB that a group pretended they weren't with each other (not sure if they actually went thru separate lines) and got all but the allotted 2 per cabin confiscated before boarding.

1 hour ago, _tacocat_ said:

YMMV on that - we've brought 2 bottles each and went through separate security lines with no issue, but i saw someone complaining on FB that a group pretended they weren't with each other (not sure if they actually went thru separate lines) and got all but the allotted 2 per cabin confiscated before boarding.

Does VV charge a corkage fee?

32 minutes ago, surfone said:

Does VV charge a corkage fee?

on paper, yes, in practice it depends.  we brought 4 bottles on last december and didn't get charged corkage anywhere (we also had pretty interesting bottles that we were talking to the somm about, so not sure if they just got distracted and forgot to charge us or what). 

this july, we brought one bottle to dinner and they hit us with the corkage basically as soon as they saw the bottle on the table.  i think it was $20 or $25.  we brought mostly whites & bubbles on that trip, so we drank those by the pool with no issue.  you can ask for an ice bucket and that'll keep your wine somewhat cool.

hint hint, they don't care if you roll up to dinner with a very large (ahem - half a bottle) glass of wine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/30/2022 at 4:30 PM, CineGraphic said:

We're bringing 4 bottles since we're on a B2B.

Since we're flying into Fort Lauderdale, I'll pre-order everything from Total Win on their app and have Uber swing by there for the 2 minutes it takes to pick-up our order.

We have a B2B cruise booked in December and we were thinking about bringing a 3L (= 4 bottles) box of wine on board.  Do you think Virgin would have an issue with this?

1 minute ago, RonDuCanada said:

We have a B2B cruise booked in December and we were thinking about bringing a 3L (= 4 bottles) box of wine on board.  Do you think Virgin would have an issue with this?

The folks who scan your carry-on luggage might have an issue, but hopefully it's one that can be addressed by Virgin personnel in the terminal. Just politely explain the situation and hope for the best.

The worst thing that could happen is they don't let you bring it on, and you're out $20.

On 10/2/2022 at 6:50 PM, _tacocat_ said:

we brought 4 bottles on last december and didn't get charged corkage anywhere (we also had pretty interesting bottles that we were talking to the somm about, so not sure if they just got distracted and forgot to charge us or what). 

We had the exact same experience on both portions of our b2b.

The Riojas were for The Wake......the other two, Extra Virgin.

2qpyrqyny2t91.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, benjaminnicholas said:

VV needs to update their menus, but more importantly, get their existing issues with suppliers fixed.

As someone who used to sell wholesale and write wine lists in the 80s in Palm Beach area, keeping vintages accurate is nearly impossible unless the venue buys bulk in advance and stores it themselves.

During a recent sailing on another line, I ordered the same wine 3 times, (a Grand Reserva Rioja), and each time it was a different vintage.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2022 at 2:11 PM, CineGraphic said:

As someone who used to sell wholesale and write wine lists in the 80s in Palm Beach area, keeping vintages accurate is nearly impossible unless the venue buys bulk in advance and stores it themselves.

During a recent sailing on another line, I ordered the same wine 3 times, (a Grand Reserva Rioja), and each time it was a different vintage.

It CAN be difficult, but it's possible.

Airlines do it in their premium lounges all the time.  For the last three years, I can guarantee a specific vintage of Krug whenever I'm in a Singapore, AA Flagship or JAL First Class lounge.

Virgin clearly still has kinks to iron out.  I hope they're listening.

• Like 1