Booster (car) seats while on excursions?

Have any of you parents, with 5-6 year olds, felt the need to bring a booster seat on your cruise? We are hoping to rent a jeep in Aruba as our son has been wanting to ride in a jeep "with no roof and no doors" for quite some time. I don't think that we will be going off-road. Our child's safety is very important to us, but we want to know if a booster seat is practical. My wife and I took a troop carrier to Magen's Bay and we don't recall the thing even having seat belts. What have you done?

We were wondering the same thing for the same reason. We are a jeep family. My hubby sells them. So we own a few. And I saw that excursion. He wants to take our 6 year old daughter on that excursion, THEN he mentioned taking my other daughter who will be 3 at the time. :eek:

We usually do take our booster seats/car seats with us when we travel cause we need them for the private car transfers. And the rental ones can sometimes be REALLY icky. So we bring our own.

Were you able to find a recomended age for that activity? Maybe something like a "Turbo Booster" would be light enough to carry around from the ship to the excusion?

**Edited to say, I now see you are renting the jeep yourself not doing the RCCL excusion. So I would just take your own booster.

Archived