Breastfeeding while cruising

BLAMBKY

21 hours ago, BLAMBKY said:

How do you make it work? Even if you leave behind milk for G’parents to feed baby, how do you handle ports? Just book short shore excursions?  Our little G'son will be 1.5 by cruise time. 

not sure what you need help with.

If the mom is pumping at home, she'll just pump on the ship, leave the milk with the grandparents and go offshore for 3-4 hours. However many hours she can handle without pumping/breastfeeding. Or, you know, mom could bring her baby with her and breastfeed directly. It's only natural. Most of the time you are no longer required to book excursions through the ship.

I could handle about 4 hours between pumping sessions, so when my supposedly 4 hour ship excursion lasted 6 hours, I was in hell pain wise.

I pumped and dumped on the cruise, because we left our 9 month old home with the grandparents. I pumped right before the excursion and then right after.

P.S. Kid's mom can do whatever she wants, but by 1.5 yo she may not even be breastfeeding anymore or breastfeeding only at night or as a soothing measure. I sure used my cruise time to wean DS.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

On 9/15/2022 at 6:40 PM, Essiesmom said:

Not clear if you are cruising with baby abs leaving him/her onboard, or leaving the baby at home with grands… EM

On 9/16/2022 at 3:25 PM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

not sure what you need help with.

If the mom is pumping at home, she'll just pump on the ship, leave the milk with the grandparents and go offshore for 3-4 hours. However many hours she can handle without pumping/breastfeeding. Or, you know, mom could bring her baby with her and breastfeed directly. It's only natural. Most of the time you are no longer required to book excursions through the ship.

I could handle about 4 hours between pumping sessions, so when my supposedly 4 hour ship excursion lasted 6 hours, I was in hell pain wise.

I pumped and dumped on the cruise, because we left our 9 month old home with the grandparents. I pumped right before the excursion and then right after.

P.S. Kid's mom can do whatever she wants, but by 1.5 yo she may not even be breastfeeding anymore or breastfeeding only at night or as a soothing measure. I sure used my cruise time to wean DS.

Sorry for the confusion, parents will be cruising with g’parents. Trying to think through how it could work and still give mom as much of a break as we can help her get. Baby #2 is on the way so trying (as the Mimi) to add in this new component and trying to imagine how it would work. 

10 hours ago, BLAMBKY said:

Sorry for the confusion, parents will be cruising with g’parents. Trying to think through how it could work and still give mom as much of a break as we can help her get. Baby #2 is on the way so trying (as the Mimi) to add in this new component and trying to imagine how it would work. 

how pregnant or how old will be baby#2 when you are going to cruise?

I am sure mom will have it under control and she will know what her time limits are.