Vision Balcony room

We just returned from the Vision a couple of weeks ago and were in a Deck 7 balcony. The rooms are nice, although the traffic pattern can be a little crowded. The sitting area is next to the balcony and the bed is between the sitting area and the bathroom. It is a bottleneck to get around the bed to go from the sitting area to the closet or bathroom. The room was very comfortable. The lifeboats are a deck below and do not really interfere with your line of sight unless you are looking straight down, and even then it is a very small obstruction. We were not in a connecting stateroom, however, I do not think the rooms ever connect through the balcony. It should be set up like adjoining hotel rooms. I will try to add a picture of our room later in the day.

We just returned from the Vision a couple of weeks ago and were in a Deck 7 balcony. The rooms are nice, although the traffic pattern can be a little crowded. The sitting area is next to the balcony and the bed is between the sitting area and the bathroom. It is a bottleneck to get around the bed to go from the sitting area to the closet or bathroom. The room was very comfortable. The lifeboats are a deck below and do not really interfere with your line of sight unless you are looking straight down, and even then it is a very small obstruction. We were not in a connecting stateroom, however, I do not think the rooms ever connect through the balcony. It should be set up like adjoining hotel rooms. I will try to add a picture of our room later in the day.

Thank You for your response.

We are going in Feb 2007. How was the weather? And how was the ship?

Were there a lot of kids on at this time? We have four kids that really enjoyed the kids program on the Monarch.

We sailed over Valentines day. The weather was foggy for the first two days, which I was told was unusual. Once we got to Mexico the weather was fantastic. Our itinerary was altered due to engine troubles so our first 2 days were actually sea days. Othes had mentioned that the California waters tend to be cooler days and I found this to be true, but it was still warm enough to be on deck with a light jacket. Fot the adults the solarium pool is a good option for those days. We sailed with our 2 chidren, ages 12 and 14. There were not a lot of children on board, but there were a few and enough for them to make new friends. They had a fantastic time. I am still trying to learn how to attach a picture of our cabin.

The rooms connect inside. I do not believe the balcony divider can be removed on the Vision.

The last time we sailed Vision was in a D1 balcony on deck 7. For us it was very comfortable and one of the better rooms we've had. This next Sept. we'll be sailing Vision in a JS cabin. If there's not that much difference in price we prefer this grade cabin over the D1 as it's a little wider and has a bathtub in the bathroom.

Archived