Which cruise ship has been to the most ports?

ace2542

58 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

Iā€™m surprised no one else has thought of The World. She travels the globe, and has been doing it for 21 years. I think it would be tough to find a ship that has been to more different ports than her.Ā 

Ā 

Yes, she'd crossed my mind, but I dismissed her because - for whatever reason - I'd always thought she was a giant and confined to good-sized ports.

Not so, she's under 44,000 tonnes andĀ  capacity of just 200 passengers.

Yes, I imagine she's a strong contender despite her comparative youth.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

45 minutes ago, broberts said:

Ā 

If I recall correctly Cunard has been carrying cruise passengers for over 100 years. While today's cruise ships have evolved, multi-day voyages featuring fine dining and exquisite service has always been the hallmark of cruising.

Ā 

Ā 

They've actually been carrying passengers for 182 years.

But none of their 19th century or even 20th century ships are still in serviceĀ šŸ˜‰

Competition for most ports visited will mainly be among ships that are decades older and/or much smaller.

Ā 

JBĀ šŸ™‚

On 9/20/2022 at 2:05 PM, MBP&O2/O said:

Are we talking the number of times a vessel has been in port or are we talking about the number of different ports any one vessel has been to?Ā 

For the former, what about a channel ferry .. Dover to Calais and return ... multiple times a day šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«

For the latter ... pure guesstimate I would have thought.

Memo to self: check my old diaries and see what I can come up with.

Number of ports for a first call

P&O's Aurora (2001) was purpose built for the world cruise market, but also sails some longer cruises of several weeks at a time.

We were on her in 2007, when the town of Bari, Italy, turned out for the first visit by a cruise ship- although I cannot believe that Costa hadn't been there first- but the excursions were badly planned, because it was the first time the companies had done them.

I've heard chefs mentioning Aurora's storage with envy, because she was planned to take massive supplies for her world cruises.Ā