Questions about Mardi Gras for February

Phych

Hey everyone!

We're planning on Mardi Gras for Feb 11-18 and we had a couple questions before we pull the trigger:

1. How much is the thermal spa access for the week?
  2. What is the cost of internet access for 1 device each (2 total)? Are there tiers or is there only 1 package? How is the internet speed/reliability in the Caribbean for the Mardi Gras?
  3. We're planning on booking the Ocean Suite and we're wondering if we are able to plug in a Nintendo Switch to one of the TVs. We might be brining our 10 year old niece and, in preparation for curfews, we want to have something for her to do later at night when most things turn adult focused (it's for us also but no one needs to know 😛 ).
Edited by Phych

6 hours ago, Phych said:

Hey everyone!

We're planning on Mardi Gras for Feb 11-18 and we had a couple questions before we pull the trigger:

1. How much is the thermal spa access for the week?
  2. What is the cost of internet access for 1 device each (2 total)? Are there tiers or is there only 1 package? How is the internet speed/reliability in the Caribbean for the Mardi Gras?
  3. We're planning on booking the Ocean Suite and we're wondering if we are able to plug in a Nintendo Switch to one of the TVs. We might be brining our 10 year old niece and, in preparation for curfews, we want to have something for her to do later at night when most things turn adult focused (it's for us also but no one needs to know 😛 ).

I just looked up the spa pass for our January cruise and I believe it was $179/week/per person. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kelkel2 said:

I just looked up the spa pass for our January cruise and I believe it was $179/week/per person. 

If anyone is planning on buying the Thermal suite pass you should do it precruise. The prices increase substantially once onboard. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Phych said:

What is the cost of internet access for 1 device each (2 total)? Are there tiers or is there only 1 package? How is the internet speed/reliability in the Caribbean for the Mardi Gras?

You should buy the internet plan ASAP. Prices go up October 1st, but if you uy it now it will be good for your February cruises. 3 plans available. Social @ $8.50/pp/day;Value@$11.05,Premium@$14.45

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

You should buy the internet plan ASAP. Prices go up October 1st, but if you uy it now it will be good for your February cruises. 3 plans available. Social @ $8.50/pp/day;Value@$11.05,Premium@$14.45

also, unless you both need to be online at the same time, you only need one package-

• Thanks 1

Regarding your last question on Nintendo Switch:

Carnival says:  “Digital Cameras/Camcorders, DVDs/VCRs, USB sticks, iPods, Nintendo/X-Box Play Units cannot be used with the TV in the guest’s stateroom or suite as the connection ports are disabled. “

You'll need to bring a monitor or a small laptop/tablet you can connect to.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Regarding your last question on Nintendo Switch:

Carnival says:  “Digital Cameras/Camcorders, DVDs/VCRs, USB sticks, iPods, Nintendo/X-Box Play Units cannot be used with the TV in the guest’s stateroom or suite as the connection ports are disabled. “

You'll need to bring a monitor or a small laptop/tablet you can connect to.

In my experience it is not the ports that are disabled. There is just no way to switch the TV input to those ports with the remote provided so you will need to bring your own universal remote.

Of course I have never been on this ship so can't say if that is true or not in this instance but in my experience they do work despite their website saying they are disabled.

18 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

In my experience it is not the ports that are disabled. There is just no way to switch the TV input to those ports with the remote provided so you will need to bring your own universal remote.

Of course I have never been on this ship so can't say if that is true or not in this instance but in my experience they do work despite their website saying they are disabled.

In the regular cabins on the MardiGras the TV's are mounted too close to the wall to access any HDMI ports . I have small hands and I can't get to anything behind it. If the TV's in the suites are on extending mounts that changes it. 

1 minute ago, kwokpot said:

In the regular cabins on the MardiGras the TV's are mounted too close to the wall to access any HDMI ports . I have small hands and I can't get to anything behind it. If the TV's in the suites are on extending mounts that changes it. 

That would definitely be an issue. I've always been able to reach the ports. Op should probably just bring something to plug into sounds like the TV will be a no go on Mardi Gras. 

• Thanks 1