Internet Upgrade with Platinum?

phillygwm

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

As Platinum, one of the tier benefits is 15% off Internet packages.  I'm doing a 10 day and the cost to upgrade is $174.90.  As I compute it, with the value of the FAS minutes as $80, $174.90 doesn't represent a discount (not sure why the $0.10 difference but whatever...)  I went through to the check-out screen thinking it might compute the 15% later in the process but it doesn't seem to.  

Is this a website thing?  Or discounts aren't applicable on upgrades?  Or something else?  

Thanks!

Edited by phillygwm

1 hour ago, TrumpyNor said:

Unfortunately according to the Latitudes FAQs it seems like the discount is not valid on Free at Sea Wifi Packages.

https://www.ncl.com/fr/en/latitudes-rewards-program/faq

Thanks for this.  But here's the strange part:  I tried booking the non-FAS discounted package as well.  Not that this would necessarily make sense on Day 1; a $38.25 discount (15%) still amounts to more than $174.90.  But perhaps it would after Day 3.  Even then, the discount didn't reflect.

I suppose I'll just try onboard since there's seems to be no real benefit to booking ahead of time.  

Edited by phillygwm
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, phillygwm said:

...I suppose I'll just try onboard since there's seems to be no real benefit to booking ahead of time.  

I shared your confusion in the past with regard to the internet upgrades and FAS value, etc., but since determined the calcs all work best/same (at least for a Plat. disc.) to just do the unlimited upgrade beforehand

NOTE that the non-FAS price ($255) is the online price. NCL site says its $29.99 on board. So I think you are going to spend an awful lot of time trying to figure out how to save maybe $2.00. 

Latitudes cannot be combined with the internet upgrade offer. The value of not using internet first day then getting a credit and then getting a plan on the ship with the 15% Latitudes discount is unlikely to yield savings, and in fact, I think may end up costing you more and wasting laid back vaca time.

Just get the upgrade now and move on.

7 hours ago, cruiseinfoseeker said:

Just get the upgrade now and move on.

Yeah, I'm just a bit tweaked because the cost of a 10 day cruise package is more than double that of a 7 day.  I do understand why: It's $29.99 x days - $80 but one would think it would increase proportionally.  I know, given everything else I'm spending, I'm probably being irrational over <$100.  But what can I say...

It might be worth thinking about FAS+ @$49PP a day.
For that you get unlimited internet (not streaming), two extra speciality meals each, $50 excursion credit for the second guest and of course Premium Plus drinks.

Edited by ziggyuk

48 minutes ago, phillygwm said:

Yeah, I'm just a bit tweaked because the cost of a 10 day cruise package is more than double that of a 7 day.  I do understand why: It's $29.99 x days - $80 but one would think it would increase proportionally.  I know, given everything else I'm spending, I'm probably being irrational over <$100.  But what can I say...

I understand your rationale on the cost and how it seems that a proportionate discount makes more sense, especially given the exhorbitant (in my opinion) price tag NCL attaches to wifi.

We want the streaming which is even more ridiculous$$$. On a 10 day and on a 12 day the cost at FAS upgrade is insane, nevermind if just paying for it straight-up.

55 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

It might be worth thinking about FAS+ @$49PP a day.
For that you get unlimited internet (not streaming), two extra speciality meals each, $50 excursion credit for the second guest and of course Premium Plus drinks.

I absolutely would, but that's only for reservations made after (IIRC) sometime in January.  I booked this before then.

I did do a weekend cruise on short notice a couple months ago and added FAS+.  For me, it was totally worthwhile.  Though not sure Veuve Clicquot mixes well with work emails 🤣🤣

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, phillygwm said:

I absolutely would, but that's only for reservations made after (IIRC) sometime in January.  I booked this before then.

I did do a weekend cruise on short notice a couple months ago and added FAS+.  For me, it was totally worthwhile.  Though not sure Veuve Clicquot mixes well with work emails 🤣🤣

I didn't know that, thank you for the info, I added it for my next cruise but that was booked 2nd February so it sounds like I just made it 🤩