New York --> Bermuda in Oct: Temperature on board?

ScanTheHorizon

46 minutes ago, ScanTheHorizon said:

We are cruising from New York to Bermuda in the first week of October and I am trying to get a sense of how warm it will be on the days we're at sea. My kids are hoping it's warm enough for the pool! Has anyone taken this trip at this time of year?

The first day and the last day it will be similar temps to your departure from New York-- you can get some nice days in October but it can also be a bit brisk. First week in October is a very difficult time to predict temperatures outside of an average.Ā 

Ā 

Bermuda will be warmer-- on average about 10 degrees warmer than NYC in the mid to high 70s that time of year. We've found that doesn't always translate over to the ship's outside temp until you are basically there-- its can be cooler during the day while at sea.

Ā 

Water temp in Bermuda isn't the bathwater that it is in the summer months but still manageable-- although you won't find many locals making a beach day of it in October.Ā 

Ā 

I'm not a meteorologist and this far out I don't think even one of those could answer your question, but our experience sailing twice in October over the years is that it can be a little cool for a pool day (especially if overcast-- we were boxed in by heavy fog one of those Oct trips for a good part of the sea day) but its right on the edge-- maybe you'll get luckier than we did.Ā 

• Thanks 1

On 9/20/2022 at 1:13 PM, ScanTheHorizon said:

We are cruising from New York to Bermuda in the first week of October and I am trying to get a sense of how warm it will be on the days we're at sea. My kids are hoping it's warm enough for the pool! Has anyone taken this trip at this time of year? Thanks!

Ā 

Every time we go to Bermuda out of New York/New Jersey it's murphy's law, it's cold rainy and miserable for the first day at sea. It starts to warm up the next day at sea. We've always had nice weather in October, high 60s-low 80s during the day. Google says the average water temperature in October is 79 degrees. We're leaving October 16th on the Disney Magic and I can't wait!

3 hours ago, ScanTheHorizon said:

We are leaving on the Disney Magic on Oct 5! Thanks and have a great trip šŸ˜Š

Ā 

I would love to hear how your embarkation experience goes. We went to Bermuda from New York on the Norwegian Joy in May and embarkation took 2 1/2 hours!!! I swore I would never sail out of New York again, but we got such a good deal on a guaranteed oceanview cabin that we decided to do it. I'm hoping it was just post pandemic growing pains but sheesh.