Pleasantly Surprised!

MsTabbyKats

I have a cruise booked for April. I initially booked it over a year in advance.  As "price reductions etc" happened, I had to cancel and rebook (twice)...a bit annoying because I wanted the cabin that I wanted.

Today I noticed that there's a better offer out there now.  I called assuming I'd have to cancel and rebook...but, the rep actually got me the better offer without having to "do the dance".

I wish all the reps were as capable as the one I had today!

🙂

• Like 3

Do you have Fantastica? I found out any changes (before or after final payment) is counted toward  '1 free cruise change' of Fantastica. I made a change before final payment and had no knowledge that they used my '1 free cruise change' for this already free of charge transaction.  If I had known any changes (whether before or after final payment) is counted toward 1 free cruise change, I would have cancelled and rebooked before final payment. Hope you'll check it out and not be surprised and disappointed like I was when I asked for a change after final payment. Fantastica allows 1 free change before 30 days of sailing. I couldn't use this benefit because they used it toward a change before I made final payment. 

21 minutes ago, whattodo said:

Do you have Fantastica? I found out any changes (before or after final payment) is counted toward  '1 free cruise change' of Fantastica. I made a change before final payment and had no knowledge that they used my '1 free cruise change' for this already free of charge transaction.  If I had known any changes (whether before or after final payment) is counted toward 1 free cruise change, I would have cancelled and rebooked before final payment. Hope you'll check it out and not be surprised and disappointed like I was when I asked for a change after final payment. Fantastica allows 1 free change before 30 days of sailing. I couldn't use this benefit because they used it toward a change before I made final payment. 

I read the thread about that.

Yes, I have Fantastica.  I don't know what this was counted as....but I tried to change before (also being allowed the free change) and I had to cancel and rebook (twice).  This is the only sailing I'm interested in (based on date and itinerary) and the really want this specific cabin, so the only change would be to completely cancel. 

ETA....this whole "one free change" is so ambiguous.  It depends on the rep you get, I guess.  Sadly.....

Edited by MsTabbyKats

20 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I have a cruise booked for April. I initially booked it over a year in advance.  As "price reductions etc" happened, I had to cancel and rebook (twice)...a bit annoying because I wanted the cabin that I wanted.

Today I noticed that there's a better offer out there now.  I called assuming I'd have to cancel and rebook...but, the rep actually got me the better offer without having to "do the dance".

I wish all the reps were as capable as the one I had today!

🙂

I just wish the cruise industry allows a bit more flexibility in general. Did you book directly with MSC or through a travel agent?

On 9/24/2022 at 6:42 AM, deliver42 said:

If they ever get to where the on land customer service is as good as on the ship, the other companies better watch out. Right now it's hit or miss.

You are absolutely correct.

The price of my cruise was just reduced.  I spoke to 3 agents...and well, "price adjustment" was just not in their vocabulary.

One said it takes a few days for their website to reflect what I see.  One said "new bookings only get the lower price".  And the third had no idea of what I was trying to do (language issue).

So I cancelled (3rd time) and will rebook.

Is it their reps, is it their IT, is it their training???