A few questions for Princess Sky cruise

tigger54

This is our first cruise on Princess Sky so have a few questions. 
we will be jumping off one cruise and getting on this cruise on the same day. This cruise is in February of 23 out of Fort Lauderdale.

we will need to do some laundry as soon as we can when we get on the ship. What and where is the fastest way to get the tokens for the machines? 
Do I have to use their laundry soap or can I bring my own?
Can we order water to be delivered to our cabin?
Does Princess have sparkling water ex. Pelligrino? We do not drink alcohol so hoping they have it.

Are the dining rooms open for breakfast and lunch each day or only on certain days?
I know I could probably find the answers to these questions somewhere but thought I would just ask my fellow cruisers.

Can’t wait to check out this ship.

Thank you 

16 minutes ago, tigger54 said:

This is our first cruise on Princess Sky so have a few questions. 
we will be jumping off one cruise and getting on this cruise on the same day. This cruise is in February of 23 out of Fort Lauderdale.

we will need to do some laundry as soon as we can when we get on the ship. What and where is the fastest way to get the tokens for the machines? 
Do I have to use their laundry soap or can I bring my own?
Can we order water to be delivered to our cabin?
Does Princess have sparkling water ex. Pelligrino? We do not drink alcohol so hoping they have it.

Are the dining rooms open for breakfast and lunch each day or only on certain days?
I know I could probably find the answers to these questions somewhere but thought I would just ask my fellow cruisers.

Can’t wait to check out this ship.

Thank you 

laundries are open at all times...so yes, you can immediately do one.

There is a token machine in each laundry area.  You do not have to use their soap....if you dont want it, just don't select it on the machine....just get the washer/dryer tokens

You can get distilled water....I don't know if you can just order water, but don't see any reason you can't since you can order drinks

Yes, they have perrier and you can get soda with a little juice (eg cranberry)...my wife doesn't drink and it wasn't a problem.  They have Heineken 0,0 beer and non alcoholic mixed drinks as well.

Don't know about the dining rooms...we were in club class and I don't know if that has different hours.

Edited by ghstudio

-Laundry may be closed in port.  Not sure about Ft Lauderdale.  Tokens are available from machines in the laundry room. You use your cruise medallion (round disk instead of card) to pay for the tokens.  Also you can buy tokens at passenger services if the machines are empty.  

-There are machines in the laundry rooms that sell soap, also for tokens - they are different tokens so be careful when you use the token machine to buy the right number of washer dryer tokens vs laundry soap tokens.  We prefer to bring our own as we are sensitive to some fragrances.  Also, the machines may be sold out.  

Historically, Princess has had older style top loading big machines.   They work well.  We put them on permanent press / warm as the "hot" or "normal" cycle is very hot!  

-Go onto the website / personalizer where you manage your cruise.   

Under "onboard services"   goto "beverage packages" there is "stateroom bottled water service"  

-Bars sell sparkling water. San Pelligrino or Perrier, depending on supply. 

-Dining rooms usually are open for breakfast all days, and lunch only on sea days.  You can request a paper copy of the daily Patter and it will tell you on the back what is open.      The info will also be in the app when you are onboard, but I don't know exactly where in the app as I use the paper Patter.  

Enjoy!  

Edited by CruisinFinsUp
  • Like 1

DRs are open for breakfast and dinner each day and lunch on sea days. One DR is open for lunch on boarding day usually from noon to 1:30. Don't forget to check out Alfredo's Pizza, open 11am until mid evening. Sit down waiter served individual pizza and other items. No Charge.