Ketchikan - bear watching excursion with video

ABQrobin

One of the reasons we cruised in late August this year was the salmon run = bears!  We booked the Ketchikan Bear Country and Wildlife excursion thru our ship (Carnival) but I think you can book the same thru independent companies if you want.  It is held at the Alaska Rainforest Sanctuary just outside of town... so only a 20 minute bus ride.  Check out my video:

• Like 1

We had such great luck with the bears... but be aware that you may not see bears early in the season.  The salmon don't start the run until late June-early July.  Our guides said we got really lucky as even during the run they have some days that have a low bear activity.  It really was a fantastic day for us and I am glad we did it.  Ketchikan is such a short port and there is so much to do there!

The same reason we booked late August nest year...my DH wants to see bear.  I know we may not have the best weather but it will be worth it to us.  Thank you for sharing this video, I shared it with my hubby and he is even more excited about this cruise.

• Like 1