Is there an Oceania app for onboard use?

susiesan

Having cruised with Celebrity and NCL in the past 12 months, both lines have an app that is used while onboard to see the daily activity schedule, make dinner reservations, view and book shore excursions, see your onboard account stats, etc. Both lines allow you to view this on the TV in the cabin. The app also allows you to check in to the ship and have a boarding pass as well as upload your vaccine card and a photo of yourself.

Has Oceania moved to this technology yet or do they still print up daily activity papers? Is everything still done manually ? my last cruise with them was Jan. 2020 and none of this technology or an app was in use then. Hopefully Oceania has moved to the modern age of everything digital.

I agree it makes thinks easier for some (including myself).  On a recent Holland America cruise, there were many people unable to deal with it. All the excursion tickets were sent to the app wallet. This caused a huge hassle with people missing tours and giant lines at guest services every day.  
I found it much easier to have everything on my phone.  That is until the internet went down for two days and the bars and specialty restaurants could not charge items to the passenger except writing receipts by hand!  
I did not miss, having all the paper, cluttering up everything.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, susiesan said:

Having cruised with Celebrity and NCL in the past 12 months, both lines have an app that is used while onboard to see the daily activity schedule, make dinner reservations, view and book shore excursions, see your onboard account stats, etc. Both lines allow you to view this on the TV in the cabin. The app also allows you to check in to the ship and have a boarding pass as well as upload your vaccine card and a photo of yourself.

Has Oceania moved to this technology yet or do they still print up daily activity papers? Is everything still done manually ? my last cruise with them was Jan. 2020 and none of this technology or an app was in use then. Hopefully Oceania has moved to the modern age of everything digital.

Guess you missed this thread:

1 hour ago, susiesan said:

Yes, I did miss this thread that was started while I was on my NCL cruise in August.😉

In my book that’s as good a reason as any! Hope you had a great cruise. I might consider NCL in my future vacation plans.

3 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

In my book that’s as good a reason as any! Hope you had a great cruise. I might consider NCL in my future vacation plans.

I was not impressed overall. I only chose to visit the Baltics with NCL because I got a spectacular deal, half the price of my original twice cancelled Baltic cruise with Oceania. This cruise was about the ports, the ship experience was secondary. The one thing about NCL that I liked was the opportunity to upgrade by bidding on a higher cabin. We were able to move from an inside to a balcony for $150 more pp. It would have cost $1000 more pp if I had booked a balcony originally so I was happy about that. And there were only 900 people on the Dawn that has a 2400 capacity. I don't think I got the typical NCL experience.

The service was outstanding with as many staff as passengers.

• Like 2