Does anyone read all 17 pages?

KLMB

I've been on this forum a lot lately reading and laughing at all the threads and conversations. Just wondering - there are 17 pages of threads, does anyone read them all, or just the first couple of pages?:)

Like FitzLA ...if the question is answered in the first few post why bother reading any more. I have followed some of the stories beginning to end. An example of that would be the art auction post on the Carnival board.

I usually subscribe to threads of interest (this is int he thread tools bar) and then I get an email telling me whent here is somethig new in that thread. So, yes I read all of a thread but only as it develops.

I find the Cruise tips thread to be vary annoying because of all the people who keep bumping it back to the top. I finally had to unsubscribe because it was taking on a life of its own as an alternate forum. Hopefully, the new FAQ will replace the need for bumping this thread.

Guest cvbart

Being new to this I am learning to read the answers to questions and at the same time skipping the opinions.

There is a ton of good info out here but also a lot of garbage. Learning to find the good stuff is the key.

It depends. If it is a thread about a different subject than the usual, sometimes I will. If it's argumentative without being informative or humorous, I'll get out of there fast. If it's the usual jeans/smoking/kids threads, they're all the same and get tedious, no one ever wins those arguments and there are hardly ever any new and helpful opinions.

I stopped reading any threads that contain conga lines. Packing lists and hints are nice to read, if you've never read them before, but those can be dangerous. I've no doubt in my mind that people you see in port hauling 4 suitcases, carry ons and rolling coolers for 2 people are probably first time cruisers who read those threads and believed them :) :eek: :rolleyes: .

I'll read more than 17 pages in a day, but I doubt if it would be on the same thread. The only exception would be, the very first and original overpackers thread on the fashion board. Unfortunately, that thread got lost a couple years back, it was the funniest thing I've ever read on this entire board.

sometimes I read the first & the last. the last will usually tell me if A) I should go back & read some more & B) if I want to throw my 2 cents in LOL

This is pretty much the way I handle the longer threads.

I totally ignore the threads about cruising with kids, what to wear & especially the ones about "smuggling" booze (or soda) onboard. I'm sure the cruiseline knows quite well that a certain % of pax will have alcohol or sodas in the luggage somewhere, either in their checked or carryon luggage.

• Administrators

Just a slight correction....there are actually 895 pages of threads...not 17.

17 is JUST those that have been posted to in the last week.

You can change how many you see by scrolling to the bottom of Page 1 of the RCI forum, and selecting a different timeframe from the dropdown menu.

Laura

Archived