Temps on Ocean Going To Hawaii

vie lee

We are going on the Summit to Hawaii April 23rd out of LA,and I started pulling shorts out to get ready to pack and then got thinking about temps. If anyone has done this cruise at end of April, was it warm enough out of LA to wear shorts during the day on the ship or should I plan something warmer like running suits, and do shorts while touring the Islands?

We sailed in November from Ensenada to Hawaii. I was surprised at how cold it was. The outside temps were in the low 60's. I had only packed shorts. My one long sleeve sweat shirt got a lot of use. Once we got to Hawaii it was warm & wonderful. The Pacific was a bit rougher & a lot colder than I thought it would be. This was on the Regal Princess ( I think). Have a great cruise.

We sailed in late March 2 years ago from Hawaii back to Ensenada on the Infinity. The first day out of Hawaii was lovely-- we fried by the pool. Then it was cool the rest of the way and a bit cloudy. Surprisingly though the seas were calm. I don't imagine it'll be much different in late April. Truly wonderful cruise though.

Fuss

I am going to pack long pants, warm ups, and a couple long sleeves for the first two days out and last two days. Its been a long winter, all I could think about was warm and sunny. I also forgot how much more you have to pack for two weeks over one week. Have wanted to do this cruise for a long time, not complaining..................

Archived