Island Princess, B607--4-Berth Cabin?

BassettMom

I had an oceanview cabin for 4 people, and was upgraded to a balcony, B607.  The updated cruise confirmation from Princess had a comment:  "Pax 4 Rollaway Bed."  Has anyone had a rollaway bed on the Island Princess' balcony cabins?  Where the heck do they put a rollaway bed?  I thought all the beds came down from the ceiling (or from the sides of the walls).  It sounds like only one comes down from the ceiling, but again--where does the rollaway bed go.  I don't think there is room for it anywhere.  Does it get folded up and taken out of the cabin during the day?  Even folded up, it would take up a lot of room in the cabin.  (A bit concerned that this may not have been the upgrade we thought it was...nice that we have a balcony, but won't do any good if we can't get to it and have to climb over beds to get to the desk area, etc.  And now there are no oceanview cabins, or any other cabins that hold 4 people.)

Edited by BassettMom

On 9/25/2022 at 12:06 PM, skynight said:

The roll away goes between the desk and the fridge with the head or foot by the balcony door. In the day time it is folded up and probably placed in the closet or if you are lucky the steward will remove it from the cabin. Not the best situation.

Thanks--I'm really surprised it will fit long ways between the balcony door and the nearest bed.  

Sounds like we won't be able to use the balcony while the bed is out and will have to wait till the cabin steward puts it away, and I don't think there will be room for it in the closet with all of our clothes and  luggage storage (since 4 large suitcases probably won't fit under the two beds), and we were going to use the "closet" area as a "dressing" room and putting the small table in there as well. 

I think if we had known it would be a rollaway bed and not the two bunks from the ceiling we probably would have declined the upgrade and kept the oceanview rooms.