Need Escape Haven cabin advice - 17128

Sundiego

Our cruise price has come way down after final payment so we decided to upgrade to Haven (not the bidding, just upgraded outright). It's category HF, the regular balcony inside the Haven area. There were only 2 cabins left. Our preferred deck would be 17 by the lounge and courtyard. But the only cabin left was 17128. It didn't appeal to us because it was adjacent to public areas. So we chose deck 18.

So my question - are we correct that 17128 is not that great of a cabin choice? Maybe it's good because it's only flanked by one other balcony. Opinions needed. Thanks!!

Thanks!

Denise

haven deck.jpg

Edited by Sundiego

1 hour ago, Sundiego said:

Our cruise price has come way down after final payment so we decided to upgrade to Haven (not the bidding, just upgraded outright). It's category HF, the regular balcony inside the Haven area. There were only 2 cabins left. Our preferred deck would be 17 by the lounge and courtyard. But the only cabin left was 17128. It didn't appeal to us because it was adjacent to public areas. So we chose deck 18.

So my question - are we correct that 17128 is not that great of a cabin choice? Maybe it's good because it's only flanked by one other balcony. Opinions needed. Thanks!!

Thanks!

Denise

haven deck.jpg

What public area are you thinking of?  You are separated from the stairwell/elevator area by a door, and from the Haven lounge by the corridor and another wall.  The only issue particular to that cabin that I can see might be hearing the door to the corridor opening and closing. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

What public area are you thinking of?  You are separated from the stairwell/elevator area by a door, and from the Haven lounge by the corridor and another wall.  The only issue particular to that cabin that I can see might be hearing the door to the corridor opening and closing. 

I wasn't concerned about noise from within the Haven. From the deck plan, it looked like the public sundeck comes all the way to the balcony. And down from that is Waves Pool Bar, etc. But apparently that isn't a concern.

~Denise

I stayed in 17132 (same Location) on the Joy.  The ping pong tables are in that corner of the Joy and heard very little noise from them, occasionally a ping pong ball would fly by...would not hesitate to stay in that room again.  The balcony was extra large as well!

• Thanks 1