if you book a post-cruise excursion, do you get priority disembark?

lusochic

We are looking at doing the FLL everglades after our Millie cruise in April. I think it will be great for my husband, since he knows little about Florida, and has never experienced the everglades. Also, it will give us something to do, since our flight isn't until 4:30 pm!

My Question is do you get priority disembarking? The excursion is at 8am.

Thanks all!.. Nancy

We booked a post-cruise city tour at the end of our summit cruise. We were given specific luggage tags for those on the excursion and we were also directed to wait in a specific room on the ship. We got off the ship in groups to retrieve our luggage and board the waiting buses.

I was thinking about doing the excursion as well and was wondering about what happens to the luggage. We are staying an extra day in Fort Lauderdale so we would be going back to the hotel and not the airport.

We did a post cruise excursion in San Juan this year and were wondering all the same things and I would do it again. We usuaully are in the CC and are to receive early disemabrking and compared to last year I would do a post cruise every year because the numbers are small and they send you to a conference room and your luggage is tagged differently and celebrity took it to special area for us to clear customs and then to the air port for us and an airport emplyee watched the luggage. It was sooooo smooth and by the time we got to the air port the lines had gone down quite abit compared to the hours we spent last year waiting for the ticket agents to open. Do it.

Helen, we are doing the post cruise tour in FLL. The intercoastal one, not the airboat one. This tour ends at the FLL and Miami airports. The FLL Airport is usually around 2:00PM. You wait in a room different then everyone else, usually Conference Room "C" next to the Celebrity Movie Theater room. The group is one of the first off the ship, around 8:00 AM , due to the length of the tour, if I remember correctly. You just gather your luggage and take it through Customs dockside and it is then taken, by you, to the tour bus and stored on the bus while you do the tour. You may try asking the tour guide and see if they can make a stop at your hotel to let you off. Or just take a taxi from the airport back to your hotel.

I was thinking about doing the excursion as well and was wondering about what happens to the luggage. We are staying an extra day in Fort Lauderdale so we would be going back to the hotel and not the airport.

I will just add this tip about getting off the ship at the earliest possible time. Although why anyone would want to get off a cruise ship early, I have no clue.

If you want to be first off, before you go find out the earliest flight number that the airline you are actually flying (probably later in the day) has to your destination. Then on your disembarkation questionaire list that flight. They will literally throw you off as soon as they dock. Why you would want that to happen I am not sure. I am always trying to find a way to stay longer. :D

Does anyone know if the order of disembarkation applies to everyday the ship is in port? We are planning our on-shore excursions for Rome, Greece, etc for May and we should know how early to make our plans. We wouldn't want to miss any of the tours since this is our first and trip to Europe.

:confused: :confused:

Does anyone know if the order of disembarkation applies to everyday the ship is in port? We are planning our on-shore excursions for Rome, Greece, etc for May and we should know how early to make our plans. We wouldn't want to miss any of the tours since this is our first and trip to Europe.

Once the ship is cleared, passengers are free to go ashore. No waiting, no colors...just leave when you're ready.

If you are booking a ship's xcursion, it will tell you the time the tour starts, and you will be let off the ship in time to do that. Usually for those early ones there will be a disembarkation lounge. You go first. After all tour people have disembarked, the rest of the passengers may disembark.

If you have booked independently, allow at least an hour, probAbly slightly more to get off the ship after docking. Check with your tour provider about whether they will wait for you.

We arrived in FLL on the Summit on 2/26. We waited in the dining room and our group was one of the first ones off the ship. If you take a shore excursion, you normally get special tags for your luggage. You collect your luggage after the disembarkation, go though customs, and then take your luggage on the bus with your shore excursion. We did the bus/river tour and it was very interesting.

We took advantage of the valet service which was even better. Once we cleared customs, we gave our luggage to the valet with our AA tags already on the luggage. We also received our boarding passes on the ship. It was well worth the $10 a person cost. If you choose this option be careful to ignore the instructions with the special tags that you get for the shore excursion. The instructions said to disregard any other tags, but of course it does not mean the airline tags that you get later in the evening. (basically you need to ignore the special luggage tags) We ran into some people that were confused about this particular option and had trouble when they got off the ship. The had throw away the airline luggage tags and could not use the valet service.

Enjoy your cruise and your post cruise.

Archived