Flight from LAX to Buffalo

bren51

Taking a cruise on Princess to Hawaii next August and ez air just opened up.  My question is for people who live on east coast, most of the flights out of LAX to NY don't leave until late evening.  Can't get a hotel room to hang out in since check in isn't until 4pm and certainly don't want to hang out at airport.  As much as we want to do this trip we are not young kids anymore and it would make for a very very long day.  

8 minutes ago, bren51 said:

Can't get a hotel room to hang out in since check in isn't until 4pm and certainly don't want to hang out at airport.

You could absolutely get a day rate at a hotel that allows early check in and use that as a home base. This could be at the airport or at another LA area hotel that might have more amenities like a pool etc. Typically check in is around 10am (although my guess is they would take you earlier) and checkout is around 4pm-- it will vary from property to property. 

• Like 1

airport hotels often have day rates until 6 or so.  If you look at Marriott brands, enter the code ZDY in the corp/promo box.

I actually booked a room for a night even though I won't sleep there. Often you can check in earlier, especially if you have hotel status.   But check day rates. You may have to call some hotels directly and ask..

17 minutes ago, megr1125 said:

I actually booked a room for a night even though I won't sleep there. Often you can check in earlier, especially if you have hotel status.

That can backfire though-- booking the day rate will ensure the early check in. Booking for the whole night they could technically freeze you out until the 3-4pm check in time which would defeat the entire purpose. Most high loyalty statuses will guarantee a late checkout but early check in is usually only by availability. 

The OP is best off here booking the day rate because of how early they would like to check in. 

• Like 1

On 9/29/2022 at 11:27 AM, princeton123211 said:

That can backfire though-- booking the day rate will ensure the early check in. Booking for the whole night they could technically freeze you out until the 3-4pm check in time which would defeat the entire purpose. Most high loyalty statuses will guarantee a late checkout but early check in is usually only by availability. 

The OP is best off here booking the day rate because of how early they would like to check in. 

I'm aware of that.  I'll take my chances.  Yes it's better to book the day room but in my case, I'd rather have the extra cash in my pocket since the cruise I'm doing this for is an extra one that I'm doing as frugally as possible.  Plus I'd have to be out by 5 or 6 and I'd like to stay a little longer.  Plus the chances of the hotel totally being full the night before are not that huge.  I have very high status and I'm pretty lucky.  YMMV.