Question re:West End Trolley Tour - Royal Naval Dockyard, Bermuda

PennyNC

We will be in Bermuda next week on the NCL Joy and there is a West End Trolley Tour-Royal Naval Dockyard excursion on the NCL site.  Has anyone done this tour?  There are no reviews available for it.  I reached out to the company but they were not helpful in giving me more details about the tour or trolley or if other walk-up times are available independently.  There is only 1 time available each day for the excursion on NCL and it conflicts with other excursions we are doing.  Does it run only as an NCL excursion or can we walk off the ship on the day and catch it?  Any information is most appreciated!

Quick side question:  Is there also a free trolley that can be used as a shuttle from the pier to the dockyard and back?

45 minutes ago, PennyNC said:

We will be in Bermuda next week on the NCL Joy and there is a West End Trolley Tour-Royal Naval Dockyard excursion on the NCL site.  Has anyone done this tour?  There are no reviews available for it.  I reached out to the company but they were not helpful in giving me more details about the tour or trolley or if other walk-up times are available independently.  There is only 1 time available each day for the excursion on NCL and it conflicts with other excursions we are doing.  Does it run only as an NCL excursion or can we walk off the ship on the day and catch it?  Any information is most appreciated!

Quick side question:  Is there also a free trolley that can be used as a shuttle from the pier to the dockyard and back?

Looks like, according to the website, they do most of their business through the cruise lines. However, there is a number you can call to book on your own. NCLs stated price is $69.00pp, while the price on the businesses site says $49.00pp.

There is a free trolley ( sometimes two of them) that runs from the cruise ships, around the Dockyard with several stops to get on or off, and back again. It doesn't go all the way to the ships, however. You have to walk down to where the pier meets the road.

The pier is in the Dockyard. The Dockyard is very walkable. There is a free tram that goes around the Dockyard that would be of use to mobility impaired passengers. The NCL West End Trolly tour from the description covers the Dockyard and part of Somerset. Various cruise lines do this tour. I have never done it or seen walk up times. The independent company that does them is the Bermuda Train Company.  Their contact number is on their website. Link below.

https://www.bermudatrain.com/dockyard-tour 

Edited by Charles4515

Thank you for your input.  I had reached out to the Bermuda Train Co. prior to posting here but their answer was 1 line which was "just book with NCL" and they did not answer my other questions, thus my posting here.  Given that the timing of the NCL train excursion conflicts with our other excursions, we may just see if there is walk up availability.  I appreciate the info about the free tram too; we will probably be able to make use of that as well.  I will report back here after we return!