June/July Deals Anyone....

If you are looking for deals and are bringing kids, then Carnival may be a good option. My first cruise was in the month of June and I got a great deal. It just depends.

Finding a deal just takes some leg work. You can find many sites online to get quotes from and you can also find competitive quote sites where many agents bid on your cruise.

Good luck finding your cruise!

Has anyone ever gotten a great deal durung these months even though it high season?

What would could I expect for a family of 5?:confused:

You got to be crazy, these are the Highest, especially during the 4th of July.... The only way to get your family onboard is to dress up like Carnival security and sneek onboard hehe.

You got to be crazy, these are the Highest, especially during the 4th of July.... The only way to get your family onboard is to dress up like Carnival security and sneek onboard hehe.

LOL Wennfred...true.....BUT, if you have a good travel agent who can book groups during those months you'll get a good savings compared to the published rates.

Just remember Good deal or great deal that it is hurricane season. Back 10-15 years ago the summer season was "economy" season due to the storms. It is only in the last few years when cruising became more a family vacation that the summer months ( when the kids are out of school) became the more expensive time. Jan-march used to be the high season because that it is when the weather is most consistent and beautiful.

Sue

Summer is peak season because of increased demand and reduced supply. Cruise lines send a lot of their ships to Alaska and Europe. That leaves a smaller supply of ships in the Caribbean. That also means there isn't a big selection of Caribbean itineraries in the summer.

I see you're in Indiana which means you probably need to fly. I can relate. We live in Illinois and always cruise during summer peak season when our kids are out of school.

As a general guideline, the more flexible you can be and the longer you can wait to book can mean better deals. However, you need a cabin that will hold 5 or two cabins (3 & 2). You can't wait too long if you need a cabin for more than 2 people because there are fewer of them available. Also, you might wait long enough to get a good cruise price, but have to pay more for air. And if you do want 2 cabins, you probably can't wait too long to book if you want them near each other. If you want a cabin for 5, you really shouldn't wait too long because not all ships will accomodate 5.

I recommend biting the bullet and booking very soon if you really want to go on a cruise this summer. By the way, hurricane season is June 1 - Nov 30, which is half the year.

Other than being military or a travel agent, you're probably going to pay a lot.:(

Not necessarily jemingway...if desperatehousewife shops around and finds a TA that has group space blocked during those months she can get a great deal.

Not necessarily jemingway...if desperatehousewife shops around and finds a TA that has group space blocked during those months she can get a great deal.

Maybe joining a group cruise, but otherwise it's a long shot.

Try early June. It seems to be cheaper. We are going the week of July 4 on the Victory out of NYC. IT is a 5 day. I am going to tell you right now I am paying about what I paid for my Miracle cruise during Presidents Day week in 05 in an OV quad. I am in 4C now quad. I am saving on flight as we are driving so actually works out well.

I thought Presidents Day week was $. That was until my dh got assigned weeks..Christmas and July 4 for vacation. This cruise is still cheaper than going to Orlando Christmas week for the same number of days.

Like others have said shop around. I just booked this last week and got a decent price.

It also depends which particular cruise you're going and from which port. We booked our family on a five-day cruise from Mobile (aboard the Holiday) in August, and it cost no more than some of the three-day cruises out of Florida. Mobile isn't the cheapest city to fly to, however.

I have tried to cruise in summer and the prices are just so high. I was able to get a good deal for a spring break cruise. Just don't get your mind on one ship, look around, some will be cheaper than others but the same cruise outside of the summer months will be much cheaper. Not alot of good options for those of us who have kids.

Speaking from experience and employed in the educational field, July and Christmas are the only times my family and I can cruise, and we find July to be the highest prices. June and August are much better pricewise. Last year we sailed the victory 7/17 and were chasing behind Hurricane Emily and had our entire intenirary changed (no fault of Carnival) but it is a bit disappointing they continue charging the high rates now that it appears Hurricane season seems to have started earlier and earlier. But you know what, didn't stop us from booking our 6th cruise this July on the Destiny. A cruise is what you make of it, good or bad, and how can you honestly not have a good time on a cruise??

Jody

Are you thinking of Jun/Jul 2006 or 2007? We booked our upcoming summer cruise about 11 months in advance. Not only did we get a great deal on a balcony cabin, we had a good selection. We always go 4 to a cabin, which there are fewer of those cabins per ship. Also, we are paying less for a balcony cabin, than what inside cabins many decks lower are going for right now. If it is for summer 2007, watch the deals online. We have used an online TA now 4 times, my DS used same one 4 times. You can get some good deals if you feel comfortable doing that. However, in any case, summer cruises are usually at a premium. But with two teenagers, it still is a great deal!! We just love to cruise!!! :D

Archived