Luggage Allowance on Charter Flight from Santiago to Puerto Williams

safarigal

Forgive me if someone has asked this before, I couldn't find a thread on this matter.

The information for the charter flights from Santiago to Puerto Williams states that you are allowed "23 kilos of checked luggage, plus a hand luggage allowance of 8 kilos enhancing the journey".

Has anyone experienced what happens if your luggage exceeds these restrictions? Are you able to pay for an extra bag if necessary?

Does anyone know what type of plane they are using?

1 hour ago, sherylc said:

https://www.silversea.com/about-silversea/press-releases/2022/april/silversea-unlocks-seamless-journey-to-antarctica-with-exclusive-departures-from-puerto-williams.html

note the part where they SAY we will be given additional luggage allowance. Haven't gotten anyone at Silversea to confirm what this allowance will be.

Yes, it is confusing! On April 29th, 2021 they say that the allowance will be 8Kg and 23Kg, then on April 21, 2022 they say that there will be a "greater luggage allowance", but don't define what that is :). It would be nice to know what exactly the allowance is so we can pack accordingly!

41 minutes ago, safarigal said:

Yes, it is confusing! On April 29th, 2021 they say that the allowance will be 8Kg and 23Kg, then on April 21, 2022 they say that there will be a "greater luggage allowance", but don't define what that is :). It would be nice to know what exactly the allowance is so we can pack accordingly!

When are you going on the charter?  I would really appreciate hearing about your experience.  Obviously with the heavy clothing required on an Antarctic cruise, I am more likely to have two suitcases weighing more than 23kg combined.  Actually, as I will be following on from a 30-night transatlantic cruise (with a few days in FLL in between), I will definitely have two suitcases!

Interested in the answer to this.  Plus we have business class to Santiago but only economy to B. Aries as there is no business class.  My understanding is we will be charged anything over economy limits as excess baggage.  
If anyone knows different - would you please post an answer.  
thanks 

4 minutes ago, Nomes2 said:

Interested in the answer to this.  Plus we have business class to Santiago but only economy to B. Aries as there is no business class.  My understanding is we will be charged anything over economy limits as excess baggage.  
If anyone knows different - would you please post an answer.  
thanks 

This thread is about the charter flight to Puerto Williams from Santiago. You say you are flying a regular airline to Buenos Aires, so I am unsure why you have posted here?  Nevertheless , if you fly economy and take an extra bag, you are usually charged for it unless you have status or the whole ticket is sold as business class.  Ask the airline you are flying with.

We had no issue with luggage on the charter, but originally we were to disembark in Buenos Aires, but they refused to allow cruise ships, so we disembarked in Monte Video and they flew us to Buenos Aires and that flight charged everyone for their checked baggage.  $30 per bag, even though we paid for business class flights throughout.  Very annoying.