$100 Deposit advertised but charging $500 when booking?

Brickwood

I'm seeing $100 refundable deposit advertised all over the website, however, when I tried to book a cruise, it showed a $500 deposit required.  I tried a mock booking on another cruise and the same thing happened.  Am I not understanding something about the $100 deposit?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Brickwood said:

I'm seeing $100 refundable deposit advertised all over the website, however, when I tried to book a cruise, it showed a $500 deposit required.  I tried a mock booking on another cruise and the same thing happened.  Am I not understanding something about the $100 deposit?

It looks like the website is a bit wonky right now. I'm not sure that $100 deposit is correctly listed. If you click on it, you get the 'Something went wrong message.....' There is supposed to be a $1 deposit starting soon...maybe the 1st? Someone posted about it. You might want to look for that post...

Sounds like a glitch in the booking system isn’t picking up the current promo. Princess or your TA can go in and book you under the current Love Boat Sale and get your the $100 pp deposit. 

as mentioned the $1 deposit is coming and will run 9/30-10/05

Friends tried booking a Sky Eastern Caribbean Princess for March 2023 and had the same problem.  We had called the night before and booked with no problem...$100 deposit and $100 OBC.  They tried booking online and got the same $500 deposit so she called.  Princess rep also got the $500 deposit. She told them that was wrong...cruise was part of the promo.  She had to wait a day or two for a call back but all got straightened out and she got the same deal.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

Does does the cruise you are looking at have the notation about the sale when you search for cruises? If not, then it isn’t covered under the promotion.  

811FE6B8-C321-4D34-A83F-7B25FDA991D5.jpeg.2cfcb56c7f97b860043cb0de4cd31076.jpeg

Yes, it did have these same notations.  I was trying to book a mini suite. I was so frustrated with the particular Princess rep I spoke to that I just gave up asking why the website said $100 deposits but it was charging $500.  Still doing the same this morning so I'll see what tomorrow's promo looks like.  Its a fall 2023 cruise with lots of cabins available so I can wait a bit even if I don't book tomorrow.

• Like 1