Alaska 5/6/2023

bafinegan

Has anyone on this cruise been able to book excursions?  I have tried and keep getting error messages.  Told by Princess when I call  that excursions are not  open yet for this booking.  But I know of people booked on later date Alaska cruises with Princess that are able to book excursions.

Baf

Since posting earlier today a few shore excursions for Sitka and Juneau have just shown for my cruise. There is still nothing for Skagway, Icy Strait Point, Ketchikan, Victoria or Vancouver. Maybe they are just starting to make shore excursions available now and will add more soon for mine and other cruises.

Edited by PurpleTraveller

2 hours ago, PurpleTraveller said:

Since posting earlier today a few shore excursions for Sitka and Juneau have just shown for my cruise. There is still nothing for Skagway, Icy Strait Point, Ketchikan, Victoria or Vancouver. Maybe they are just starting to make shore excursions available now and will add more soon for mine and other cruises.

Excursions are there, just can't book.  I get "a error" when trying....

We are booked on the Crown for July 2023 and can not book anything for Alaska. Based on my past experience with Alaska bookings, I usually see them start popping up around Dec/Jan time frame.  Still, I check daily as I want to ensure I get certain excursions as soon as they are available.

1 hour ago, Italy52 said:

We are booked on the Crown for July 2023 and can not book anything for Alaska. Based on my past experience with Alaska bookings, I usually see them start popping up around Dec/Jan time frame.  Still, I check daily as I want to ensure I get certain excursions as soon as they are available.

We are on Sapphire in July 2023 and I was able to book excursions immediately after booking at the end of August.  The helicopter/dogsled is already sold out for our cruise too....I was able to book 4 spots for that one, but someone in our party in another stateroom is on a wait list.

Edited by malba2366

2 hours ago, malba2366 said:

We are on Sapphire in July 2023 and I was able to book excursions immediately after booking at the end of August.  The helicopter/dogsled is already sold out for our cruise too....I was able to book 4 spots for that one, but someone in our party in another stateroom is on a wait list.

Where did you do your booking -- on the app or the computer?  If on the app, where do you find excursions listed -- I can't seem to find any portion of the app that shows excursions -- perhaps I am looking in the wrong place. 

We are on a cruisetour end of June, first week of July. I've been able to book cruise excursions right on the princess website, but can't book anything yet for the land portion. Have had a couple booked for about 6 weeks now. Still trying to decide what to do in Skagway. 

2 hours ago, Italy52 said:

Update to my post:  Sitka and Juneau excursion availability just appeared. Looks like things are finally happening.

Glad to see that you are starting to see availability for some shore excursions starting to appear. Hopefully more excursions will appear soon. Hope you have a great cruise. 🛳️

18 minutes ago, PurpleTraveller said:

Glad to see that you are starting to see availability for some shore excursions starting to appear. Hopefully more excursions will appear soon. Hope you have a great cruise. 🛳️

Thank you.  Hope you enjoy your cruise as well -- this will be our first time on the Crown.  The itinerary is a good one so we didn't want to pass it up.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bafinegan said:

Excursions are there, just can't book.  I get "a error" when trying....

Well that's annoying! The excursions that have appeared on my cruise for Sitka and Juneau can be booked so maybe it is a glitch in the system for your cruise. Good luck and I hope you have a great cruise.

5 hours ago, Italy52 said:

Where did you do your booking -- on the app or the computer?  If on the app, where do you find excursions listed -- I can't seem to find any portion of the app that shows excursions -- perhaps I am looking in the wrong place. 

On the computer.  Princess website - my account - upcoming cruises - manage this booking.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

So....I was at the Princess website looking at my bookings and noticed that a couple more excursion options were next to my cruise ports --- great, I thought.  Not so great.  Although the excursions are listed, I can't book anything.  I called and talked with an excursions representative and he even tried to book them for me.  He said that there is no particular reason for this --- sometimes excursions can be booked early and some can't.  He has seen all kinds of booking openings --- unfortunately, mine is one of those that I will just have to keep checking back.  If anyone has had success booking excursions for the Crown Princess 7/14/23  sailing date please let me know.  Thanks.

An update for my previous comment that I could book excursions for my Crown Princess June 2, 2023 cruise. I was incorrect as I have tried to book an excursion for Skagway and was unable to do so as I got an error message. I rang Princess and they are also unable to book the excursion. They do not know why. Quite annoying! I wonder if it is something to do with Crown Princess excursions or are other ships also having this problem with excursions?

Edited by PurpleTraveller

2 hours ago, PurpleTraveller said:

An update for my previous comment that I could book excursions for my Crown Princess June 2, 2023 cruise. I was incorrect as I have tried to book an excursion for Skagway and was unable to do so as I got an error message. I rang Princess and they are also unable to book the excursion. They do not know why. Quite annoying! I wonder if it is something to do with Crown Princess excursions or are other ships also having this problem with excursions?

Don't believe it is just the Crown. We have cruised numerous times to Alaska and excursions are not always available even when they show up on the website.  Sometimes, it is just the fact that the tour provider hasn't signed their contract on the dotted line.  As the cruise season just finished, I am sure we will start seeing availability within the coming months.  In the meantime, I will just keep checking back for open availability and as new tours are added.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

Update.  Excursions opened up for booking tonight!

Can you actually book something?  Did you receive an email from Princess saying excursions were open?  I keep checking the July cruise and nothing yet.

28 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Can you actually book something?  Did you receive an email from Princess saying excursions were open?  I keep checking the July cruise and nothing yet.

I have been checking twice a day for weeks.  It finally allowed me to book tonight.  Excursions for Juneau and Ketchikan booked and paid for!  (so excited!)

11 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

I have been checking twice a day for weeks.  It finally allowed me to book tonight.  Excursions for Juneau and Ketchikan booked and paid for!  (so excited!)

Excited for you.  Finally, some movement.  Just checked mine and its still a "no go."  I do have a question for you:  Do you show Hubbard on your itinerary?  If so, is there an excursion for that? 

2 hours ago, Italy52 said:

Excited for you.  Finally, some movement.  Just checked mine and its still a "no go."  I do have a question for you:  Do you show Hubbard on your itinerary?  If so, is there an excursion for that? 

No.  We have Juneau, Skagway, cruising Glacier Bay, Ketchikan, and Victoria.  Going to just self explore in Ketchikan and probably not even get off in Victoria.  Whale watching in Juneau and doing the railroad trip into Canada combined with some gold panning in Skagway.

10 hours ago, bafinegan said:

No.  We have Juneau, Skagway, cruising Glacier Bay, Ketchikan, and Victoria.  Going to just self explore in Ketchikan and probably not even get off in Victoria.  Whale watching in Juneau and doing the railroad trip into Canada combined with some gold panning in Skagway.

Thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate it.  Have a great time on your cruise.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bafinegan said:

Update.  Excursions opened up for booking tonight!

I just checked for my June 2 cruise and still can not book any excursions. Hopefully will be able to book soon.  Pleased you have been able to book your excursions. Hope you have a great cruise! 🛳️

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PurpleTraveller said:

I just checked for my June 2 cruise and still can not book any excursions. Hopefully will be able to book soon.  Pleased you have been able to book your excursions. Hope you have a great cruise! 🛳️

We are still waiting for our 7/14/23 to open up --- Princess is sure taking their sweet time getting things opened up.  Ugh!  Please let us know when your excursions open up, maybe mine will follow.

• Like 1