How early do taxis start?

Adian80

Does anyone know how early taxis start from King's Wharf?  We'll be there in the end of November and are wanting to go to Warwick Bay for sunrise (8 AM.) I was thinking we would leave the ship around 7 AM which should get us there in plenty of time to watch the sunrise. We would walk the beach to Horseshoe Bay then take a taxi to Hamilton. Will it be easy to grab a taxi around 9:30 or 10 at Horseshoe Bay in late November?

Edited by Adian80

• Adian80 changed the title to How early do taxis start?
1 hour ago, Adian80 said:

Does anyone know how early taxis start from King's Wharf?  We'll be there in the end of November and are wanting to go to Warwick Bay for sunrise (8 AM.) I was thinking we would leave the ship around 7 AM which should get us there in plenty of time to watch the sunrise. We would walk the beach to Horseshoe Bay then take a taxi to Hamilton. Will it be easy to grab a taxi around 9:30 or 10 at Horseshoe Bay in late November?

You will need to prearrange taxis to be sure to get one for 7:00 am. I have been out there at 7 and 7:30 and the only taxis at the early time were pre arranged. We have prearranged at those times for friends who had an easy tee time and other friends who went to mass. Non prearranged taxis don't seem to be around until 8 or 8:30. As far as Horseshoe Bay late November that is not beach season so possibly taxis won't be hanging out there like usual. You might have to call the taxi company or use the Hitch Taxi app. The food and rental concession does close at some time for the winter but I don't know when that will happen. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Adian80 said:

Thank you so much for your help!  We'll arrange for someone to meet us at the dock the morning of and plan on catching the bus if there isn't a taxi at Horseshoe.

(Reply deleted. Misread the post.)

Edited by njhorseman