Help with Classic Soda Package

On 10/3/2022 at 10:08 AM, Joseph2017China said:

Carry you drink cup is like putting a lanyard around and walking with it in port......like a badge of honor. 

No, you don't need your cup to get a soda at any bar.  I have a collection of cups, still wrapped.  I don't think we ever carried them. 

I ONLY carry the cup if I'm going to the Promenade Deck and then back right away to my cabin/suite or to the Windjammer (which I very rarely go to the Windjammer)

13 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Yes, your tipping habits will skew the numbers.  This seemingly obvious question contians many moving pieces.  

Read OP other thread "Wonder of the seas UDP: WindJammer beverages and eat 24/7" Up until an hour ago they thought paying auto grats in advance meant no tipping for anything, including individual purchased drinks. It's a new world to them and I've tried hard to give them the facts without personal preference because they have misunderstood a few things and I feel bad for them. Every time they think they have got it, another added expense comes into play. Lol.

Edited by CanHardlyWait4NextYear
Typo

It's all in where you look on Royal's fantastic 🤭 website FAQ.  On the following link you will not see any mention of "CANS" of soda in the Deluxe Beverage Package unless you click the "Learn More" link.  However, it doesn't seem like anything is standardized.  For example:  I've only had the "Refreshment Package" on one cruise and the FAQ doesn't mention a thing about milk shakes but they are included.  You have to go looking in other places on their site.  I have also asked for a can of soda to go along with my small glass of soda and got one with no problem:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/beverage-packages

On 10/3/2022 at 7:57 AM, RobInMN said:

This is surprising information to me! I thought every ship had them. It was bad enough that the only Freestyle machines on Jewel are in the back of the WJ.

We will be on Navigator in a month. The Freestyle machine is the only way to get Dr. Pepper/Mr. Pibb. Bummer!

Just an FYI that I mistakenly referenced Navigator as not having freestyle. I meant Voyager. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/2/2022 at 7:05 PM, Grandma Dazzles said:

Drink packages do not include canned soda. You may find an occasional bartender who may give a can, but all packages specify fountain soda or freestyle machine soda. 

I  drink soda occasionally, only diet,  due to blood sugar issues.  But when I do I prefer canned soda to fountain soda.  Fountain soda uses saccharin sweetener (the pink stuff),  whereas canned soda uses sucralose (the pink stuff).  The pink stuff has a nasty after taste, IMHO.  That being said I usually bring a 6 pack of diet ginger ale on board.   Apologies for this being off topic.  

Edited by joeyancho
Add content

Sugar free ginger ale for me too.  I also agree the can is better than fountain but for me the difference is syrupy (fountain) versus crisp (can).  The ratio of syrup to carbonated water in a fountain drink is off to me.

I always buy the soda package because I’m addicted to Diet Coke.  If anybody get their money’s worth, it’s me.  But don’t buy it for the cup.  Mine always feels sticky by the end of the cruise and I throw it out before I leave the ship. I wash it out every day on the cruise and this still happens.  I feel like the plastic disintegrates by the end of the cruise.  Plus, it’s a weird shape and top heavy.  Would definitely take up too much room in my cabinets.