Pickleball?

JRos

11 hours ago, _tacocat_ said:

nope, but there's a dodgeball/basketball court that you might be able to set up a net on

Thank you for the prompt reply!

I think we will have to pass on these ships unfortunately. 

On 10/3/2022 at 11:34 PM, Cloud9 Bob said:

Too bad! I think you should give up the pickleball for a week and experience this line. 😜

Nah, he doesn’t get much free time due to the demands of his work and it’s the one activity he really enjoys. For now, we will stick with another cruiseline that has this. 🙂 

On 10/3/2022 at 7:33 AM, JRos said:

Are there pickleball courts on either of the ships?

debating booking but husband enjoys pickleball, so this will be the deciding factor lol

As others have said, it might be possible in the sports court, you would have to check with VV to see if they set up a net. The court is definitely big enough for it. 

When we were in Grand Turk, the Holland America ship next to us had their sports court set up with 2 or 3 pickleball courts on the top deck. That's probably the line with the most courts that I would know of, maybe Princess as well? I can totally understand wanting to have a specific thing to do because you don't get much vacation time. Enjoy whatever cruse you end up booking! 🙂 

• 7 months later...
7 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

I don't even know what pickleball is, but it was on the daily schedule.

They had it scheduled on a couple of my voyages earlier this year, but I never saw it set up (or even attended by any crew!). It’s basically a cross btwn ping pong and tennis.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 10/3/2022 at 7:33 AM, JRos said:

Are there pickleball courts on either of the ships?

debating booking but husband enjoys pickleball, so this will be the deciding factor lol

Pickleball is HUGH at the over 55 communities here in Florida.  It's the 'new shuffleboard' and we old folks just love it.  Especially those of us who were avid tennis players before our poor old tired knees wore out 😉  

Yup, that sounds like me, except I live in MN and miss my outdoor Pickleball.  Will be on the Scarlet Lady in 3 days.  The “events” schedule has Pickleball listed for sail day and both port days.  The court looks like the basketball court, a bit smaller but I bet it will be a lot of fun and laughs.  I’ll check it out!