How and when do Beach beds get assigned on CocoCay?

When you show up at the area where you purchased you bed, there is an attendant.  Also there are small chalkboards on each bed with the occupants name written on it.  You get a huge bed, 2 lounge chairs, a cooler of water bottles, and 2 floaty mats.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AspiringCindy said:

Purchased the last beach bed for Breezy Bay. Do I assume I will get the back row/last beachbed?

YMMV But,

Our first bed rental, we were told onboard that they assigned them the day or two before and our assignment paper would be in our stateroom. We got middle row, middle of the row. Very little nudging going on that sailing.

Our second bed rental, we went straight to ShoreEx desk once boarded and asked again about assignment, and the ShoreEx desk assistant gladly accommodated us. We got front run, bed #1 in the corner.

2 hours ago, robmtx said:

YMMV But,

Our second bed rental, we went straight to ShoreEx desk once boarded and asked again about assignment, and the ShoreEx desk assistant gladly accommodated us. We got front run, bed #1 in the corner.

I don't necessarily need first row, but I'd like an end bed. We are actually traveling with 6 of us. I know the beds only accomdate 4 people...so I'd like to be able to pull up additional loungers. Thanks for the tip!

4 minutes ago, nelblu said:

What is the difference between beds on Breezy on Chill Island and beds at Chill Island.  Difference of $100 for out August '23 sail.

image.thumb.jpeg.7d3bdc1f093ce2b0e9632d08bf9d77dc.jpegChill Island, lower left that are pink.  Breezy Bay at Chill Island, along top, just left of center, purple.  

• Like 1

Do you reserve the beach beds by the # of guests, or can 1 person reserve it and all in your party use it?  Example - for my wife and I want to rent a beach bed and its currently at $199 for Breezy Bay for our March Sailing.  Do I just reserve it and that takes care of both myself and my wife or is it $199 x 2 since there are 2 of us?  Thanks in advance.   

Edited by AMCJavelin

1 hour ago, AMCJavelin said:

Do you reserve the beach beds by the # of guests, or can 1 person reserve it and all in your party use it?  Example - for my wife and I want to rent a beach bed and its currently at $199 for Breezy Bay for our March Sailing.  Do I just reserve it and that takes care of both myself and my wife or is it $199 x 2 since there are 2 of us?  Thanks in advance.   

The beds are per package, so $199 for both of you-

On 10/4/2022 at 10:12 AM, AspiringCindy said:

I don't necessarily need first row, but I'd like an end bed. We are actually traveling with 6 of us. I know the beds only accomdate 4 people...so I'd like to be able to pull up additional loungers. Thanks for the tip!

You'll only be given 4 wristbands. Of course no one is checking and it's on the honor system, but pulling up additional chairs is probably not going to go over well with other bed renters, as they are not designed for large parties.

9 hours ago, robmtx said:

You'll only be given 4 wristbands. Of course no one is checking and it's on the honor system, but pulling up additional chairs is probably not going to go over well with other bed renters, as they are not designed for large parties.

You're making it sound like a frat party! LMAO! I'm talking my grown children and my 1 year old grand daughter. I didn't know 6 constitutes a large party! I'll just let me daughter have it then.

Edited by AspiringCindy
added a comment

55 minutes ago, AspiringCindy said:

You're making it sound like a frat party! LMAO! I'm talking my grown children and my 1 year old grand daughter. I didn't know 6 constitutes a large party! I'll just let me daughter have it then.

I'm thinking @robmtx was just making you aware that they do give wristbands and that it might not be possible to have everyone you want there to have access to the bed. He also was giving you  a perspective about other guests around you. Personally, if I was in a beach bed next to you and you pulled up extra chairs I would be annoyed. Simply because while there is space between the beds, extra chairs would eliminate that space and would feel very crowded and less private for your fellow cruisers. Just something else to keep in mind. 

• Like 6

14 hours ago, mom2miracles said:

I'm thinking @robmtx was just making you aware that they do give wristbands and that it might not be possible to have everyone you want there to have access to the bed. He also was giving you  a perspective about other guests around you. Personally, if I was in a beach bed next to you and you pulled up extra chairs I would be annoyed. Simply because while there is space between the beds, extra chairs would eliminate that space and would feel very crowded and less private for your fellow cruisers. Just something else to keep in mind. 

That sums it up.

Now the worst thing at the beach beds (or any beach area really) are blue tooth speakers. People think the guests around them would benefit from listening to their crappy music all day long. 🙂

image.thumb.png.47a539454e1d9ac07fdba7eee15d7380.png

Count the pairs of Sandals. 10 pair.. 2 people must have had their sandals with them because total was 12 guests.

Loud talking, laughing, talking, more talking and laughing, music, loud music, more music, laughing and talking.

1 hour ago, robmtx said:

Count the pairs of Sandals. 10 pair.. 2 people must have had their sandals with them because total was 12 guests.

Loud talking, laughing, talking, more talking and laughing, music, loud music, more music, laughing and talking.

Wow, if this happens near us in March, I'm asking to be moved or given a refund-

3 hours ago, robmtx said:

That sums it up.

Now the worst thing at the beach beds (or any beach area really) are blue tooth speakers. People think the guests around them would benefit from listening to their crappy music all day long. 🙂

Agree!  I was surprised to see in the Cruise Compass for my sailing last month, a big note that said:  

"Pump the Jams, Not the Volume.  We know you're excited to blast your vacation playlist, however personal speaker devices are not permitted in public areas. Also, please be mindful of the volume in your stateroom."

So clearly, there have been enough complaints that they are trying to address the speaker situation.  

6 hours ago, robmtx said:

WOW! That's pretty bad! I honestly just wanted the beach bed for my grand daughter to take her naps. I will be pretty upset if this happens!

On 10/3/2022 at 7:36 PM, AspiringCindy said:

Purchased the last beach bed for Breezy Bay. Do I assume I will get the back row/last beachbed?

If your granddaughter is only 1, you may have an issue based on her age alone. Right on the booking page for the beach beds it states:

"Restrictions
Minimum age: 4 years"

I'm not sure how strict they are (I've heard they are but don't have personal experience) , but it would suck if you bought one and showed up and they wouldn't let the baby use it because they certainly won't refund you at that point for not using it. 

5 hours ago, ngrund said:

Wow, if this happens near us in March, I'm asking to be moved or given a refund-

We complained 2 times to the bed concierge, each time the guests basically ignoring the requests. On my 3rd trip up to the concierge stand, they called the Supervisor who came over, assessed the situation, and then moved us to one of the Cabanas that was open. I guess they figured it was easier to move us than to deal with the problems.

Edited by robmtx

35 minutes ago, mom2miracles said:

If your granddaughter is only 1, you may have an issue based on her age alone. Right on the booking page for the beach beds it states:

"Restrictions
Minimum age: 4 years"

I'm not sure how strict they are (I've heard they are but don't have personal experience) , but it would suck if you bought one and showed up and they wouldn't let the baby use it because they certainly won't refund you at that point for not using it. 

Oh My! I never read the fine print! I actually may throw it back!

Do you know if the casitas onboard have age limits as well?

10 minutes ago, AspiringCindy said:

Oh My! I never read the fine print! I actually may throw it back!

Do you know if the casitas onboard have age limits as well?

It doesn't list an age restriction. Just remember though, the casitas are not in the baby/toddler area, and there are no guarantees of getting one near the pool - it could be on the level above the pool. 

19 minutes ago, robmtx said:

We complained 2 times to the bed concierge, each time the guests basically ignoring the requests. On my 3rd trip up to the concierge stand, they called the Supervisor who came over, assessed the situation, and then moved us to one of the Cabanas that was open. I guess they figured it was easier to move us than to deal with the problems.

Glad it worked out for you-

I just take it as a given that they won't do anything about the offenders, which I why would just ask nicely for us to be moved-when dealing with customer service people it's always better to ask for the easy way out-:)