How to Calculate Combined Discounts - My Next Voyage and Dreamy Getaway

drewdawg199

Does anyone have any idea how VV comes up with their fare value discounts when using these two promotions together? If you look at the website total fare including taxes, shouldn't it just be that value minus the $300 MNV discount and then minus the $300 MNV deposit that was already paid???  I'm pretty good at math, and I can't figure out how they come to their quoted price.  

The quoted price they have me booked at is $225.50 MORE than what I've noted above.

Thanks

Yes, they have some "tricks" in their system.  I had to go thru it with a TA friend.  OK, so if I have $300 off for rebooking on board, they take that off first.  THen THEY figure out a percentage discount for whatever deal I have.  For example, if they figure that I have 50% off on the "no single supplement deal, they don't take the 50% off and then subtract the $300.  They take the $300 off, then remove 50% of what is left.  So if my cruise started at $1000 (JUST for explanation purposes) they will take the $300 off, then subtract 50% of the $700 that is left, charging me $350.  The way I thought it would work would have been to take the 50% off, leaving $500, then subtract the $300...meaning I would pay $200.  

Bottom line, any flat amount comes off first, then the percentages come off what is left.  And none of it comes off the taxes and government fees, obviously.  Those are added in after all the discounts on the "cruise fare" portion.  This has amounted to about $200-$250 more on each of my bookings than I thought it would.  If you use a TA (first mate), they detail it all out on the documentation that they receive.

Edited by cantgetin
  • Like 2